You are running Jacksonville draft do you listen to trade offers for 1

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Just curious if you were in charge of Jacksonville draft is there any offers out there that would be acceptable to trade the overall #1? We all know Lawrence will be the 1st pick but is he such a sure thing that you would not look to trade the pick at a certain price and what would that price be?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can listen. However i doubt anyone would make an offer good enough for Myers and Jags to really consider.

But if some team was willing to trade a huge draft haul the next few years including some top end players they would have...they would have to take it.

We are talking like 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks for the next 3 years and a pro bowl player(s).

But like I said...I doubt any team would have an offer good enough for the Jags to change their minds.

kumizi

Reaction score
Not where they are right now. They already had Meyer come out of "retirement" in order to coach Lawrence.

Sydla

Reaction score
Sure.

If someone gets completely stupid, you consider it. But the level of stupidity would have to be high to pass up on Lawrence.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Just curious if you were in charge of Jacksonville draft is there any offers out there that would be acceptable to trade the overall #1? We all know Lawrence will be the 1st pick but is he such a sure thing that you would not look to trade the pick at a certain price and what would that price be?

Dak and the #10 pick for Lawrence.. They should do it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You can listen. However i doubt anyone would make an offer good enough for Myers and Jags to really consider.

But if some team was willing to trade a huge draft haul the next few years including some top end players they would have...they would have to take it.

We are talking like 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks for the next 3 years and a pro bowl player(s).

But like I said...I doubt any team would have an offer good enough for the Jags to change their minds.

That clearly would be a boat load but looking at Jacksonville they have have drafted top 10 12 our of 13 years seems to me Lawrence is not the solution and multiple picks likely including draft a QB may end up in better results instead of pinning all hopes on Lawrence. Of maybe some feel Lawrence is a sure thing

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Sure.

If someone gets completely stupid, you consider it. But the level of stupidity would have to be high to pass up on Lawrence.

So in your view you feel Lawrence is a can't miss prospect? Not knocking your opinion just curious. My own views of Lawrence I guess is not as high as others.

RS12

Reaction score
I doubt Meyer would have taken the job without guarantees that Lawrence was the pick, period. What other reason was there for him to take the job?

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope. The chance to get Lawrence is what you accumulate draft capital for.

Sydla

Reaction score
So in your view you feel Lawrence is a can't miss prospect? Not knocking your opinion just curious. My own views of Lawrence I guess is not as high as others.

As far as QBs go, yes. Nothing is guaranteed obviously but if you think Lawrence is the Aaron Rodgers of the Jags, then you have get a massive sum in order to give up that kind of player.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
As far as QBs go, yes. Nothing is guaranteed obviously but if you think Lawrence is the Aaron Rodgers of the Jags, then you have get a massive sum in order to give up that kind of player.

In fairness, Rodgers walked into a good situation in GB following Favre, they were pretty much already a contending team. Lawrence goes to a team that despite all the high draft picks are no better off today. I think Lawrence has some tough sledding ahead of him in Jacksonville.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Nope. The chance to get Lawrence is what you accumulate draft capital for.

Jacksonville be accumulating capital for a long time, not much to show for it. I think Lawrence is a good prospect with a chance to become a great QB but I see Jacksonville with a lot of issues that even Lawrence will not be able to overcome.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jacksonville be accumulating capital for a long time, not much to show for it. I think Lawrence is a good prospect with a chance to become a great QB but I see Jacksonville with a lot of issues that even Lawrence will not be able to overcome.
Of course they have a lot of issues. But a cost-controlled top QB is the hardest thing to acquire. And while Lawrence is not a sure thing (no one is), he's the top-rated QB coming out in several years.

The Jags already have picks #1, 25, 33, 45 and 65. You can start addressing a lot of issues with that kind of draft capital.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Would I listen? Sure.

But considering Lawrence is one of the best QB prospects ever, some team would have to completely blow me away. Multiple starters, and 4 1st round picks, minimum. And I don’t even know if I’d do that.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
NO...if Lawrence is the QB and reports are he is elite, then you keep the pick.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You have to listen to offers. You never know when a maverick GM will offer you something you just can't say no to.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not if I want to keep my new HC, that's why he showed up.

That sends the wrong message to Lawrence, he is your guy and no questions about it. No doubts he is our guy.