CFZ You are the GM. If you replace Dak next year, who is the improvement?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Could we trade him for Derrick Carr?
Do you really think that’s the answer. I don’t . I actually think it’s a drop off. Plus you should know Prescott has a no trade clause.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I did an exercise awhile ago on hit rates for 1st round QBs over the last several years and it was about 30% just to get a league average starter.

To move up to the top 3? We’ll need a losing season and likely need to trade someone like Parsons / Lamb for additional ammo to move up.
And then you might wind up with another Carson Wentz. There’s no give me in the draft for quarterbacks ,

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Is Prescott the best, absolutely not. Can he win without a doubt. It all has to come together including the playcalling. The receivers need to be a little bit smarter. Also. It’s not one person causing this

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
i agree you have to draft a QB in the first to replace Dak.

i just don’t trust dallas to find the right one to draft. Jerry wanted Paxton Lynch and Manziel. Yikes.

FTWayne

Reaction score
Might as well bring Garrett back too if you are comfortable with the way things are now. Nobody likes to improve their teams, said no super bowl winning team.

slick325

Reaction score
Dak is going to be getting an extension from the Cowboys soon. The Jones boys will likely begin talks in the 2023 offseason.

This place will be fun when the extension is signed. Lol

erod

Reaction score
The problem is, the draft is producing crap lately at quarterback.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Is Prescott the best, absolutely not. Can he win without a doubt. It all has to come together including the playcalling. The receivers need to be a little bit smarter. Also. It’s not one person causing this
Cowboys Sign Antonio Callaway, Takk McKinley
Nov 16, 2022 at 12:30 PM Maybe this helps

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agree.

Realistically what would the salary cap hit be over the next few seasons if Prescott was traded to a team like the Saints or Falcons?

I didn't consider the salary cap implications. I just went with the my pie-in-sky selection.

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since Prescott has a contract through 2023, the time to draft a possible replacement is in this draft in the 1st round and set the tone.

However, the owner will never bring the hammer into camp because the bloom would be off his rose. And who knows how Prescott would respond? Some of these coddled babies are so ego fragile that they can't stand the heat. Not saying he is one but no one knows until that happens.

That said, the one thing I would do is sit down with him prior to the draft and explain that so far, the 3/4 of the 160M has not paid off and for the team, all options have to be kept open. Where these teams get in trouble is blindsiding and embarrassing their QB.......with the fragile ego.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
We're likely not going to be in a position to snag one of the top prospects in the draft.

Dak appears to be our QB for at least 2023 and 2024.

FTWayne

Reaction score
Let us not take a chance, I like being in the same position every year, and I wouldn't want to hurt Dak's feelings or his fans.