CFZ You are the GM. If you replace Dak next year, who is the improvement?

Shane612

Reaction score
Draft his replacement
Yup.
The only thing is, by the time the young QB "come of age", assuming he's the real deal, who knows what the rest of the team will be like?
They would have to rebuild again....for the 12th time in the last 27 years.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I did an exercise awhile ago on hit rates for 1st round QBs over the last several years and it was about 30% just to get a league average starter.

To move up to the top 3? We’ll need a losing season and likely need to trade someone like Parsons / Lamb for additional ammo to move up.
Not many here can face this fact.

Fmart322

Reaction score
Do you really think that’s the answer. I don’t . I actually think it’s a drop off. Plus you should know Prescott has a no trade clause.
I know Dak has a no trade clause. I think Carr would run this offense much more efficiently.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I know Dak has a no trade clause. I think Carr would run this offense much more efficiently.
Doesn't mean you can't trade Dak.... Not saying Dallas should or would but Dak can agree to be traded and would pick which team he went to

eromeopolk

Reaction score
So suppose for a second Big Mac went ‘LA Rams’ on Dak and shocked the world by trading his franchise QB because he knew the person he was getting was far better? And remember, the goal is next year to win it all.

Are there any Staffords left? Borderline elite QBs with cap friendly contracts? All quarterbacks signed after Dak are going to seriously hurt any team that trade them away no matter what we offered them. Teams don’t just give away franchise quarterbacks.

Biggest name free agent is probably Lamar Jackson? Would you give him the giant contract the Ravens won’t…. And can the team even afford it?

Cooper’s days are at an end if this is how our defense plays now. Frustrating that last year at the halfway point the NFL figured out our top 3 offense, this year it’s the top 3 defense.

You can spend a top draft pick but now you’re going to have to wait for development. Better make sure there is another solid running back too, because Zeke won’t be around with that salary.

And if you’re feeling like a gambler, are you going to see if you’re the next team to find a Geno Smith? Who is that next guy who rises from the bench into stardom?
If I was GM I would do what this GM should do...resign/retire and higher Will McClay as GM.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you realize how many will cry foul about his pay?
I should have specified we should pick him up and pay him the same as we pay Cooper Rush. We might have to give the Chiefs a 7th round pick in the 2025 draft to get the deal done.

Section446

Reaction score
Would have replaced him already, he's bad and the team can't win with him.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
So many elite QB these days. I mean Geno Smith is elite now. Jackson is a generational talent that probably should be elected to the HOF before he retires. I am sure anyone they draft in the late first round will be elite by August. If not they can probably coach up Cooper to be elite status by week 3. Given how easy it is to be elite these days Dak is easily replaceable.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
We’re guaranteed stuck with Dak for next year.

Probably even the 4th year. So consider having him play out the 4 year deal fulfilled. He is the last of the over paid. The Zeke’s and DLaws.

But I certainly have no problem drafting a QB with our 1st if the right talent falls at our pick like Mahomes, Deshaun Watson or a Lamar Jackson near the end of the round. Like Rodgers did back in the day and played behind Favre for a couple years.

I got no problem getting a stud RB in the 2nd just like Derrick Henry, Nick Chubb and Jonathan Taylor got drafted.

Most realistic and team building way.

Use FA to get more Jaylon Kearses, Malik Hookers, Dante Fowlers while you develop your draft picks.

But Oh mighty! When you get a shot at a game changer and can get it for a pick that is 50/50 and get him the market deal. Do it. Do it in FA and during the season before the trade line.

Hell , get rid of some guys for picks during the draft that you don’t want their contract even for 3rd, 4th and 5ths if you can. Or give your picks then, when they’re worth most for the right plug vet.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Weren’t there a bunch of dudes on here saying Kirk is better than Dak?

Dak is now 5-1 against chain boy. Kirk is also like 10-40 in prime time.

Eat your crow.