You Are What You Are

eromeopolk

Reaction score
No, I never said Romo lacks football intelligence. But I will say Romo had the same problem as Dak where he refused to throw the ball out of bounds to avoid a negative play.

But the main point of my post is that Love is not an elite QB - yet. And the reason he had a great game, 1 game, is that the Cowboys defense was so miserable. Again, when you have wide open receivers to throw to, it makes the game a lot easier for the QB. That is what Love faced.
Love beat Detroit in Detroit and Dallas in Arlington. He elevated his team as no one had Greenbay in the playoffs to start the 2023 season. Ability to elevate one's team is the fundamental definition of a franchise player. If the 49ers falter and make this a game between QBs, Love will win over Purdy. SF is loaded and the Packers will have to play way above what they did in Arlington. But, if they do, Love will beat Purdy because of his superior QB talent.

Love threw open most of those receivers in the playoff gave vs. the Jonesboys.

When Troy Aikman compelted that 75 yard pass vs. AZ in 1989, I knew that was a franchise QB with arm talent. When Love got blitz by the Jonesboys and hit his receiver in the endzone throwing off no feet on the ground, I knew that was a franchise QB with arm talent. That has not been seen in a Cowboys uniform since 2000.

CWR

Reaction score
Come back to reality. You saying Dan Marino was not a franchise QB? As I said to others Jerry Dumbo GM Jones has warped your reality of what is a real franchise QB.

Go google Dan Marino.
It literally says "you should by all means list him."

Your reading and comprehension sucks.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
CWR said:
Look man, you can't list Marino on there either. You should by all means list him but he never made another superbowl after his rookie year and never won anything.
Your statement makes reading and comprehension impossible. "Can't list Marino...by all means list him..." What?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
The Arlington Jonesboys are a 12-5 team that does not have a Franchise QB, and a franchise Head Coach. Forget your franchise Head Coach because you have Jerry Dumbo GM Jones as owner and GM and no franchise Head Coach would come to Dallas after Jones literally fired 2 Hall of Fame Franchise Head Coaches (Tom Landry and Jimmy Johnson and ran off 2 other Franchise Head Coach (Bill Parcells and heir Sean Payton).

So what can you do at QB. First let me explain my definition of a franchise QB. A franchise QB will take a team to the next level, keep them from going down to a lower level, or maintain a high level. John Elway, Troy Aikman, Dan Marino, Roger Staubach, Pat Mahomes, and yes, Jordan Love. What all those QBs have in common is arm talent, above average to superior QB athleticism, and their teams believe that they cannot lose if the QB has a chance to win.

This was the difference on the field Sunday (Love vs Prescott). Stupid Dan Quinn just like he did in the Super Bowl tried to blitz and a franchise QB. The only thing you can do with a franchise QB is rush 4 and cover 7. Belichick gave the blue print vs. Peyton Manning until Manning got a RB game and defense that stopped the run (see Tony Dungy). Jerry Dumbo GM Jones got rid of his RB (12 rushing TDs) and a no.1 WR (in the Pro Bowl again) in back to back years. He did this without having a Franchise QB. Some will say we have a no.1 WR. Nope you have a WR that McCarthy made look like a no.1 WR. He has done that his entire career starting in New Orleans with Joe Horn (google him). If you insist on having a Dumbo GM, You need a franchise QB. If KC did not have Mahomes, that team would not be in the playoffs. But Mahomes does his Elway intimation of running and passing making up for his lack of talent at receiver. I said making up for the lack. That is what franchise QBs does for their teams. The Jonesboys do not have a franchise QB. They have Dak Prescott, a solid winning QB that needs a running game, talented receivers, and a defense that can stop the run to rush the pass. Dan Quinn philosophy to rush the pass to stop the run is asinine. That is why you lose to Arizona, barely beat the Lions, and have only 1 win against a +.500 opponent this year. That is also why you have Dak Prescott throwing the ball +35 times and losing games (along without having a RB).

You are what you are. You are not what Jerry Jones market you to be or says that you are. You are what Jerry Dumbo GM Jones built you to be. He built a 12-5 team that wins in a weak division, has no running game, no real no.1 WR, does not have a defense that can stop the run, cannot beat +500 teams consistently, and gets eliminated by real competition having franchise QBs.
Can't agree on the no number one receiver.
CD is a baller.

CWR

Reaction score
Your statement makes reading and comprehension impossible. "Can't list Marino...by all means list him..." What?
The statement is in regards to taking teams to the next level. My point was Marino never got a ring. There's more to playing qb than winning a championship. So if you're going to list all these guys who have won championships and elevated their teams he doesn't make the criteria. I also pointed out it's stupidly early on Love. At no point was I disparaging Marino.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I'm glad you said we, you're taking ownership of it. The first step is admitting it. :thumbup:
If only the real losers who had something to do with it on the field also did likewise......oh well... like the famous prophet and soothsayer,.. Popeye once said....."I Yam what i Yam....I eats all my spinach, i fights to the finish.. ..I'm Popeye, the sailor maaaaan"....

eromeopolk

Reaction score
The statement is in regards to taking teams to the next level. My point was Marino never got a ring. There's more to playing qb than winning a championship. So if you're going to list all these guys who have won championships and elevated their teams he doesn't make the criteria. I also pointed out it's stupidly early on Love. At no point was I disparaging Marino.
I never said you had to win a Super Bowl. I said you elevate a team. There are many reasons why Marino never won a ring, Elway had to wait for his last 2 years in the NFL, Manning had years of 12 win seasons, and Fran Tarkenton never won a ring. However they all are franchise QBs because they elevated their teams from the lows to the highs. Without them you cannot tell of that teams success or history. Romo and Dak never elevated at team. Before Romo, Quincy Carter took the Jonesboys to the playoffs and all they achieved with both Romo and Dak is what was already there.

Danny White took over a Division winning, Conference challenging team and maintained that excellence until LT broke his wrist. After his injury, the team went to the lows. It was not until Aikman that theyy got to a Conference Championship game. I consider Danny White as much as a franchise QB as Steve Young. Steve Young would have never saw a Super Bowl if it was not for Jerry Dumbo GM Jones firing Jimmy and players leaving in revolt (Norton, Gogan, Smith, Jones, etc.) of not having a chance to 3-peat. But Young like White keep their teams elevated at the highs they received those teams. Romo and Dak are 1st round playoff losers like Quincy Carter, without the obvious drug problems, but the same outcome. You are what you are.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
I never said you had to win a Super Bowl. I said you elevate a team. There are many reasons why Marino never won a ring, Elway had to wait for his last 2 years in the NFL, Manning had years of 12 win seasons, and Fran Tarkenton never won a ring. However they all are franchise QBs because they elevated their teams from the lows to the highs. Without them you cannot tell of that teams success or history. Romo and Dak never elevated at team. Before Romo, Quincy Carter took the Jonesboys to the playoffs and all they achieved with both Romo and Dak is what was already there.

Danny White took over a Division winning, Conference challenging team and maintained that excellence until LT broke his wrist. After his injury, the team went to the lows. It was not until Aikman that theyy got to a Conference Championship game. I consider Danny White as much as a franchise QB as Steve Young. Steve Young would have never saw a Super Bowl if it was not for Jerry Dumbo GM Jones firing Jimmy and players leaving in revolt (Norton, Gogan, Smith, Jones, etc.) of not having a chance to 3-peat. But Young like White keep their teams elevated at the highs they received those teams. Romo and Dak are 1st round playoff losers like Quincy Carter, without the obvious drug problems, but the same outcome. You are what you are.
I actually agree with you on elevating a team without winning a superbowl. We disagree Romo and Dak didn't/don't elevate the team.

We couldn't win a ball game without Romo, for example.

Quincy took Parcells team to the playoffs. It's not even close to what we have now, not a good comparison. Dak or Romo would've won a championship with BP.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
I actually agree with you on elevating a team without winning a superbowl. We disagree Romo and Dak didn't/don't elevate the team.

We couldn't win a ball game without Romo, for example.

Quincy took Parcells team to the playoffs. It's not even close to what we have now, not a good comparison. Dak or Romo would've won a championship with BP.
Understood. But fact is fact. You went to the Wild Card playoffs with Quincy and lost. You did the same with Romo and Dak. Neither has gotten a team out of the same rut Quincy elevated a 5-11 3-peat team.

Parcells built the team that Winnie the Pooh or Son of a Bum, and Jason Garrett inherited. Just like Jimmy built the Cowboys Dynasty of the 90's that Jerry Dumbo GM Jones destroyed in 2 years. Elway finally got Shanahan, Manning finally got Dungy, and sometimes Landry finally got Staubach, Belichick finally got Brady, Reid finally got Mahomes, etc.

"It takes 2 to make a thing go right." That will never go right with Jerry Dumbo GM Jones.

kskboys

Reaction score
Understood. But fact is fact. You went to the Wild Card playoffs with Quincy and lost. You did the same with Romo and Dak. Neither has gotten a team out of the same rut Quincy elevated a 5-11 3-peat team.

Parcells built the team that Winnie the Pooh or Son of a Bum, and Jason Garrett inherited. Just like Jimmy built the Cowboys Dynasty of the 90's that Jerry Dumbo GM Jones destroyed in 2 years. Elway finally got Shanahan, Manning finally got Dungy, and sometimes Landry finally got Staubach, Belichick finally got Brady, Reid finally got Mahomes, etc.

"It takes 2 to make a thing go right." That will never go right with Jerry Dumbo GM Jones.

No he didn't. A team w/ the #1 D in the NFL drug Quincy to the playoffs.

Chasing6

Reaction score
The Arlington Jonesboys are a 12-5 team that does not have a Franchise QB, and a franchise Head Coach. Forget your franchise Head Coach because you have Jerry Dumbo GM Jones as owner and GM and no franchise Head Coach would come to Dallas after Jones literally fired 2 Hall of Fame Franchise Head Coaches (Tom Landry and Jimmy Johnson and ran off 2 other Franchise Head Coach (Bill Parcells and heir Sean Payton).

So what can you do at QB. First let me explain my definition of a franchise QB. A franchise QB will take a team to the next level, keep them from going down to a lower level, or maintain a high level. John Elway, Troy Aikman, Dan Marino, Roger Staubach, Pat Mahomes, and yes, Jordan Love. What all those QBs have in common is arm talent, above average to superior QB athleticism, and their teams believe that they cannot lose if the QB has a chance to win.

This was the difference on the field Sunday (Love vs Prescott). Stupid Dan Quinn just like he did in the Super Bowl tried to blitz and a franchise QB. The only thing you can do with a franchise QB is rush 4 and cover 7. Belichick gave the blue print vs. Peyton Manning until Manning got a RB game and defense that stopped the run (see Tony Dungy). Jerry Dumbo GM Jones got rid of his RB (12 rushing TDs) and a no.1 WR (in the Pro Bowl again) in back to back years. He did this without having a Franchise QB. Some will say we have a no.1 WR. Nope you have a WR that McCarthy made look like a no.1 WR. He has done that his entire career starting in New Orleans with Joe Horn (google him). If you insist on having a Dumbo GM, You need a franchise QB. If KC did not have Mahomes, that team would not be in the playoffs. But Mahomes does his Elway intimation of running and passing making up for his lack of talent at receiver. I said making up for the lack. That is what franchise QBs does for their teams. The Jonesboys do not have a franchise QB. They have Dak Prescott, a solid winning QB that needs a running game, talented receivers, and a defense that can stop the run to rush the pass. Dan Quinn philosophy to rush the pass to stop the run is asinine. That is why you lose to Arizona, barely beat the Lions, and have only 1 win against a +.500 opponent this year. That is also why you have Dak Prescott throwing the ball +35 times and losing games (along without having a RB).

You are what you are. You are not what Jerry Jones market you to be or says that you are. You are what Jerry Dumbo GM Jones built you to be. He built a 12-5 team that wins in a weak division, has no running game, no real no.1 WR, does not have a defense that can stop the run, cannot beat +500 teams consistently, and gets eliminated by real competition having franchise QBs.
You are correct. We are the worst fan base in the NFL.