You Better Sit Down...Favre Could Earn Up to $28 Million This Season

Wood

Reaction score
not concerned about Favre. With a gimpy ankle he will have even less mobility and if anyone saw the pictures of Favre battered legs last year...noway he finishes out the year.

RamziD

Reaction score
There was very little doubt that Favre would come back this season. He is 3 TD passes away from 500 career passing TDs. Athletes may say they don't care about records, but most of them do. The question was about how he could play the Vikings for more money. His antics are getting tiresome and I sure hope this will be his last season.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Hostile;3504984 said:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...s-incentiveladen-contract-could-net-up-to-28m

For Brett Favre, it may not be about the money. But he's sure going to make a ton of it.

Favre's reworked contract with the Minnesota Vikings has yet to become official in the NFL or NFLPA contract system, but league sources expect it to occur soon.

Sources report that Favre will earn up to $3 million in a new signing bonus. He will earn another $4 million in new incentives based largely on the Vikings' postseason performance this season.

With that in mind -- and given the structure of his existing contract -- Favre could cap his final NFL campaign by pocketing up to $28 million. Not bad.

Any word on the Favre not trusting Childress saga? ESPN has been scrolling it across their "bottomline" for a couple of days now. Too funny.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Going to be hard for the Vikings to make a serious run at anything with Favre and his gimpy ankle. Must factor the so called mistrust between Brett and HC Childress too. But the one thing that may haunt this team more than Brett and or Childress is Percy Harvin and his overall health.

That is the biggest issue for the Vikings.

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
stasheroo;3505042 said:
I completely agree.

And I hope he gets his head caved in Week One.

And I hope the world lets him know that we SEE what he did.

I would LOVE to see Childress pull him out of a game for changing the plays in the huddle, put in Tavaris, and lose. Then the next week he starts against us and we put him down with a non-debilitating injury for the season.

Or, he gets knocked out for the season after two TD passes, forever stuck at 499.

CliffnDallas

Reaction score
nyc;3504995 said:
I would like to see his career end within the first four games of the season.

I personally believe he has earned that type of ending with the way he has been acting.

Not to mention I can't stand Brad Childress. Not sure how he still has a HC job. (or ever got one in the first place) That is absolutely stupid.

I would like to see someone snap his leg off at the knee and shove it up his...
:)

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seen this story too many times.

For the first time I believe even Farve knew his body wouldn't hold up for another season. I fear he'll end up looking like Johnny U in San Diego, a old man trying to play a kids game.

bad ending