You can pick any player to fall - who do you pick

JBS

Reaction score
Here is the game

You can have your choice of any player in the entire draft to fall to #9...with one exception..It can't be Peterson..just because we've all played that game already

Who do you take and why...

Part #2...if your player could only fall to #6 would you be willing to trade #9 + our 3rd rounder to move up and get him?

egn22

Reaction score
Give me Dareus with just my #9 pick. nothing more than that.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
Patrick Peterson and Dareus and yes I would trade up.

Peterson can play CB or FS
Dareus to me would be a very good NT at 320 pounds and strong as an OX. I don't care for him as a starting DE but in some of Ryan's packages he could play at DE. He would allow Dallas to move Ratliff to RE and increase our pass rush.

Besides these two players I would trade back out of 9. No one else in the draft is worth the 9th pick to me. No one else are must have players IMO.

Aven8

Reaction score
supercowboy8;3885244 said:
Patrick Peterson and Dareus and yes I would trade up.

Peterson can play CB or FS
Dareus to me would be a very good NT at 320 pounds and strong as an OX. I don't care for him as a starting DE but in some of Ryan's packages he could play at DE. He would allow Dallas to move Ratliff to RE and increase our pass rush.

Besides these two players I would trade back out of 9. No one else in the draft is worth the 9th pick to me. No one else are must have players IMO.

Apparently you didn't read the OP.

I'll take Dareus. He could do wonders for our Dline. He's a disrupter and we need a lot more of those.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I wish Luck would suddenly change his mind and redeclare we got him at #9... I mean since we're wishing. ;)

Realistically, I'd be thrilled with Von Miller. I think he's going to be special.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
Aven8;3885246 said:
Apparently you didn't read the OP.

I'll take Dareus. He could do wonders for our Dline. He's a disrupter and we need a lot more of those.

Yeah I skipped over the Peterson part.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
TheCount;3885253 said:
I wish Luck would suddenly change his mind and redeclare we got him at #9... I mean since we're wishing. ;)

Realistically, I'd be thrilled with Von Miller. I think he's going to be special.

Von Miller would be nice but we already have the best WOLB in the NFL. Miller is no SOLB IMO. But I think Miller can play RILB which thens put Lee to share time with James and then replace James full time next year.

Reaction score
Dareus.

He can play 34 DE or NT and at a high level. He's a monster and would yield the largest upgrade to our front 7.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
supercowboy8;3885272 said:
Von Miller would be nice but we already have the best WOLB in the NFL. Miller is no SOLB IMO. But I think Miller can play RILB which thens put Lee to share time with James and then replace James full time next year.

I agree that Miller shouldn't be on the strong side. I think Ware can do what he does wherever you put him, although I'm sure many would cry foul with moving an All-Pro player.

I don't really want to see Miller at ILB though, he's such a gifted pass rusher that I think you'd be squandering him there.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
We know who I'd want. Seeems to be the general concensus amongst our brotherly Cowboys supporters.

JBS

Reaction score
AKATheRake;3885427 said:
We know who I'd want. Seeems to be the general concensus amongst our brotherly Cowboys supporters.

Is Dareus worth trading up for?

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Easy choice for me:

Fairley. I just think that Rob Ryan would be able to use his skills in so many ways. End in a 34. Tackle in 43 and 46 looks. He'd move Fairley all around with Ware, Spencer and Ratliff creating havoc for offensive lines.

Plus his attitude is exactly what Ryan is wanting to create in Dallas and exactly what we need.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
TheCount;3885308 said:
I agree that Miller shouldn't be on the strong side. I think Ware can do what he does wherever you put him, although I'm sure many would cry foul with moving an All-Pro player.

I don't really want to see Miller at ILB though, he's such a gifted pass rusher that I think you'd be squandering him there.

no you wont be, you can send him on blitz all the time up the middle. How many times do we see Brooking just two steps away from a sack. Miller would get their.

rash

Reaction score
Either Fairley or Dareus (depending on who Rob Ryan thinks will be a better fit).

If we have more of a balanced D this year and mix up the base 34 with a little bit of 4 down, Fairley is the man. If not, and we just mix up the 34 variety, Dareus is the man.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
supercowboy8;3885527 said:
no you wont be, you can send him on blitz all the time up the middle. How many times do we see Brooking just two steps away from a sack. Miller would get their.

I rarely see Brooking anywhere near a sack, more often than not he gets stonewalled at the line. :mad:

I also kind of assume they blitz Brooking because he's near useless in coverage, but blitzing up the middle is quite different from blitzing off the edge. Miller strikes me as an edge blitzer, especially if you want him to use his natural gifts of speed and agility, which are harder to utilize up the middle.

How many ILB's put up good sack numbers, anyway? In fact I went to look at last years stats and the ILB's to show up first are James Farrior, Patrick Willis and (HA!) Kevin Burnett at 6. I'd say 6 is actually a very good number for an ILB.

Duane

Reaction score
respectdatstar;3885302 said:
Dareus.

He can play 34 DE or NT and at a high level. He's a monster and would yield the largest upgrade to our front 7.

:hammer:

JBS

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3885718 said:
Im not into Dareus just b/c his stock shot up. I wasnt impressed before and Im not now.

what do you think about Von Miller?

Gabbert
Dareus
Newton
Green
Fairley
Jones
Prince
Bowers

what if the top 8 went like that..how would you feel if we took Miller?

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;3885760 said:
what do you think about Von Miller?

Gabbert
Dareus
Newton
Green
Fairley
Jones
Prince
Bowers

what if the top 8 went like that..how would you feel if we took Miller?

A player I like even less :laugh2: Dareus I dont like b/c I have kept on my stance that I dont see a big difference between him, Jordan, Watt, Heyward etc.

Von Miller I feel doesnt have a motor or a natural position. Cant stop the run and if he was an OLB he would be best suited for Wares side.