You can't say you didn't see it coming

2much2soon

Reaction score
UVAwahoos;1904853 said:
I think the coaches and players got as complacent as all the "13-3" people on this site. Anything that happened negatively to us was answered back with a "well just shut up cause we're 13-3 you troll". That's fine when its fans saying it, but when ur coaches start thinking the same thing, then it's REAL bad.

Thats funny. I forgot about all those condescending "mmm, 13-3, there is nothing wrong with the defense" type posts.

StylisticS

Reaction score
RuGGeR;1905112 said:
It seems to me every press conference Phillips sidesteps questions or is very vage.
It has been bugging me all season but, I was content going with the flow.
I really think we were riding the Big Tuna Wave this year.
I really don't like Wade as a coach.
He just isn't a motivator. He doesn't make me want to play for him.
He doesn't seem like a leader but more like one of the Seven Dwarfs.
He's like a nice old grandfather that never gets mad.

We don't see behind closed doors and I could be very wrong but, that's how I see it.

I post on allhiphop.com. Many Bills fans post there as well. They told the Cowboy fans on that board that we would all like Wade at the beginning and middle of the season but towards the end of the playoffs, you will start to dislike him. Same Bills fans that warned us about Bledsoe. I'd like to give Wade one more year. But Jerry probably needs to light a fire in his behind himself.

playmakers

Reaction score
Boysboy, they were healthy in Sundays game and what did we give up? The same passes from weeks 1,2,3,4,5..................... They didnt even throw one pass Newman's way yesterday. Newman and Henery are better suited playing bump and run coverage. For crying out loud, Henery might be the slowest DB in football, his strengths since he came into this league was to get a jam and slow the wr down because hes so big. Newman should be allowed to play whatever he feels like he wants. Most of the time this season we barley got by and have been let down by our SCHEME. Playing 12 yards off half the time is ridculus. Thats like at worst giving up a 6-7 yard run on 1st down. Its there all the QB has to do is hike and throw it out there. Heres some research I did

Week 1 Burries 9-144 and Toomer had 8-91
Week 2 Chambers 10-109
Week 3 Berrian 6-73
Week 6 Welker 11-103, Stalliworth 7-136 Moss 6-59
week 10 Shockey 12-129
week 11 Moss 9-121, Cooley 8-89, Mccardell 5-76, Randel El 7-53 (Just freaking WOW)
week 13 Jennings 5-87 Driver 7-66
week 14 McDonald 8-96
week 16 Smith 9-144
week 17 Moss 8-115

10 out of 16 games we get killed by recievers having around or over eight catches. In four games, they had two recievers over that. Its the scheme. Its designed to give up 8 yard catches and if you dont tackle then your screwed. Theres no more evidence to prove im right by those numbers.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Dude, your thread was destroyed on the first page. Give it up.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
100% correct about the Offense hiding the Defense. Saving their butts all season is more like it.

Also, don't forget:

Kick coverage: it was obvious from pre-season games that the kick coverage was a major weakpoint. That 25yarder by McQuarters was a killer.

Poor play by WRs (other than Owens). These guys did little all season to get seperation, get open, etc. I've harped on this for a couple months now. You'd think w/ all the attention Owens/Witten got all year that one guy (Crayton, Hurd or even Austin) could have stepped up to have a break out season.

Penalties: In the 3 games vs NYG, Dallas committed 29penalties for 222yds (7.7yd/flag). Worst part is that many of these flags killed our drives or kept their drives going.

playmakers

Reaction score
ogt, I think the majority agreed with me. There are some that disagreed and thats totally fine. Thats what ths is for.

Boysboy

Reaction score
playmakers;1908195 said:
ogt, I think the majority agreed with me. There are some that disagreed and thats totally fine. Thats what ths is for.

You forgot to mention we gave up only 140 yards passing, and only 90 yards rushing.

Yah-our D was "pathetic".