You do not want a Right Tackle in Rnd 1

MarkP88

Reaction score
How many of them are ever worth a dang and actually have some sort of impact on a game?
A nose probably would not be one of my preferred value positions to choose in round one, but at the end of the day, had he been productive - or at the bare minimum, shown flashes of what he could become - we'd probably see it as a solid investment. The problem was he stunk and showed no indication he'd ever not stink.

KevinHickey22

Reaction score
I’m sorry but that is just not the move.

We have to find impact players. I’m all for drafting linemen but a Right Tackle in round 1 better be some type of phenom Tackle.

Now a trade down and take one? I’m ok with it.

They drafted a Nose Tackle in round 1 last year which was a complete waste and they can’t turn around and compound that this year by selecting a Right Tackle.

This draft class has to get us back on course because last year was just so bad.
I would agree but can the prospect have the talent to move to the left side. That has to be the question. Tyrone Smith played RT at USC and was a top ten pick. Myself, I would prefer a player that played LT so we wouldn’t need the time adjusting. Hit the ground running! I think the position is going to be Centre.

Brooksey

Reaction score
I'm guessing 1 of the following:
Troy Fautanu
Byron Murphy
Taliese Fuaga
Graham Barton
Amarius Mims
Jackson Powers-Johnson
Jordan Morgan

Or trade back and get one of the following:
Zach Frazier
Darius Robinson
Kingsley Suamataia
Edgerrin Cooper
Payton Wilson

I think that is pretty close and might be close to the right order.
I like the idea of a trade back and picking up another 3rd rounder if someone doesn't fall.

There's no reason to force a pick

exciter

Reaction score
I predict you’re going WR. Gallup gone and Cooks getting old… Adonai Mitchell. Would be a very Jerry pick to take
McCarthy has wanted to go to a 12 personnel base for 2 seasons. They had to play Gallup to justify the contract just as they would Mitchell as a 1st round pick. Tolbert showed he’s capable of being the 3rd WR when they do play 11 on 3rd downs in this 2 read and check down offense!

exciter

Reaction score
To me, C is way more important to the OL than RT. Give me JPJ or Barton over a RT anyday
In one of the Q&A sessions last week both staff writers for the team made the assertion that Center is even more important than LT. Not sure I’d agree but makes one wonder if it’s a hint at things to come!