You go Granny

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
88-Year-Old Woman Fights Off Burglars With Cane
Jail Escapees Caught After Interstate Police Chase

POSTED: 1:25 pm EST December 2, 2004
UPDATED: 3:38 pm EST December 2, 2004

WALTON, Ky. -- A pair of jail escapees were apparently lucky to escape from a cane-wielding, 88-year-old Northern Kentucky woman who caught them breaking into her house Wednesday afternoon.

Police say Dortha Dance got into a scuffle with the two men and hit one in the nose with her cane. When she tried to get away from them, the other man caught her in the yard. But Dance hit him with her cane, too.

At that point, the two men fled, police said.

They ran a short distance to a Waffle House, where they stole a car. The pair then led police on a chase on I-75 through Northern Kentucky and Cincinnati to Mosteller Road and I-275 in Sharonville, where they were captured.

The pair had escaped a Tennessee jail on Sunday by crawling through ductwork, officials there said.

Jedadyea Ray Tyndal and Dustin Cameron King were held overnight in the Hamilton County Justice Center pending extradition.

King was being held in Tennessee on methamphetamine charges and Tyndal was being held in connection with burglaries of four churches, according to the sheriff there.

The pair tried to break into a house in Richwood, Ky., before trying Dance's house, police said.

They are charged with burglary, robbery, theft of the vehicle, and fleeing and evading police.

Copyright 2004 by ChannelCincinnati.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

SoTex

Giddy Up
Reaction score
That's a damn good woman. Hopefully, they gave her some kind of reward.

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
besides her parents who would name their kid Dance?

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
It's her last name and have you ever heard of Bill Dance? He has a fishing show.

i havent heard Bill Dance and its news to me that theres a fishing show

Midswat

Benched
Reaction score
I like to fish as much as the next guy . . . but fishing shows are ********.

Who enjoys watching someone else catch a fish?