You Have Been Just Hired To Be TV Network Programmer

timb2

Reaction score
You have total control of this network and you can make it whatever you want. What would be your plan because TV today is pretty boring with how many versions of " Law & Order" or" NCIS " can there be? Hollywood is out of ideas for creativity or trying to push their social causes.

For Me

My channel would be called RETRO WITH A TWIST.

Yes we are looking into the past where so many good shows have stood the test of time vs the same crap they spew today.

I would bring back the original Star Trek,most of Irwin Allen's shows like "Land of the Giants" and "The Time Tunnel".

I would probably call it "FLASHBACK FRIDAY"

Saturday morning goes to the classic cartoons, kids dominate Saturday mornings. Bugs Bunny,Superfriends,Fat Albert,etc.

Creative teams to make TV shows that work instead of the same dribble.

One Night Fright Movies or KUNG ** THEATRE or mybe even version o CLUB MTV AND SHOW MUSIC VIDEOS

UR TURN????

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't care to start a new channel...however for those that do, please do a few things for me.

Mostly Retro stuff with a few new series of older shows or movies.

Bring back Junkyard Wars...I preferred the english version but the american version will work. Or start new ones.

Start a Swamp Thing series with good fx for the suit and the monsters. Have a darker tone to it. (similar to how they made the New Battlestar galactica more series).

Do a NEW Buck Rogers show - and again more serious tone.

Show the original Iron Chef series (Japanese version not the American one).

Pick one night of the week and make it Retro Game show night with two episodes each of Match Game, Newlywed game and name another fun one like Hollywood Squares.

cowboyec

Reaction score
all-day/all-night Elvis Movie Marathon.

all-day/all-night Clint Eastwood Movie Marathon.

all-day/all-night John Wayne Movie Marathon.

all-day/all-night Sylvester Stallone Movie Marathon.

The X-Files Fridays.

Saturdays Classic Sci-Fi.

Sundays....Dallas Cowboys Classics.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I am in Canada, I would love to take control of one of our national sports network. We get poor college football coverage, I would change that...Last 2 weeks I had to stream the Michigan game...

timb2

Reaction score
Maybe have a show of Import Tuner who have some of hottest car show models and follow them around the world....Some former Import tuner models Tila Tequila(Queen of mySpace fame) Francine Dee(Playboy),Natasha Yi(rush hour 2) Felicia Tang(Rush hour 2),Aiko Tanaka& Carla Maria(Fast & Furious Tokyo Drift), and many more.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
I’m going further than that. I want only a few channels of programming period. No more scrolling for 20 minutes only to wind up back where you started...”Blah...nothings on.” And YOU get to personalize it to your tastes. Like Pandora Radio for TV.

Xelda

Reaction score
I would adore an All Cowboys Channel which plays every game they've ever played in sequence. For ratings week, we can do play off games, Super Bowls and greatest plays set to music (no country or jazz). No comments about black and white or VCR tapes. It would not have the Jerry Jones show EVER! Just the games with original commentary. Early morning blocks could be good cartoons. No Bullwinkle crap. An hour news block to go in depth on those stories without the silly feel good story at the end. No pharmaceutical commercials allowed. At midnight show video of the sun going down over the Florida Keys where Jimmy Johnson lives to him yelling "How about them Cowboys!".

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only older farts like myself will remember this but I would bring back the Movie Of The Week concept back to major network broadcast television. I used to love the ones ABC, NBC and CBS would air. They served as great time slot fillers too and would prevent the occasional re-airing of a television show (but not necessarily the same episode though) within a seven-day span.

timb2

Reaction score
Only older farts like myself will remember this but I would bring back the Movie Of The Week concept back to major network broadcast television. I used to love the ones ABC, NBC and CBS would air. They served as great time slot fillers too and would prevent the occasional re-airing of a television show (but not necessarily the same episode though) within a seven-day span.
I remember that. I use love that. Remember "The Good,The Bad,and The Ugly' being shown.......I use to also watch even and loved the corny "Mystery Science Theater 3000"

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I remember that. I use love that. Remember "The Good,The Bad,and The Ugly' being shown.......I use to also watch even and loved the corny "Mystery Science Theater 3000"
The networks would occasionally re-air movies produced for theaters but I was referring more of the original made-for-television movies they sometimes produced and aired.

timb2

Reaction score
The networks would occasionally re-air movies produced for theaters but I was referring more of the original made-for-television movies they sometimes produced and aired.
Like "Fatal Vision"? Which was great!!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Like "Fatal Vision"? Which was great!!
lol. I had to google that one but 'think' that was a television mini-series. Mine are more along the line of Brian's Song, Satan's Triangle, The Young Runaways, etc.