You kidding me right that's the picks for Conan

Kangaroo

Reaction score
http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/01/21/jason-momoa-is-the-new-conan-the-barbarian/

Recently we heard that Nu Image/Millennium and Lionsgate were looking at three actors as possible options to be the new Conan the Barbarian in the film to be directed by Marcus Nispel. There was Jason Momoa, from Stargate: Atlantis; Kellan Lutz from Twilight; and a third, then-unnamed actor who turned out to be Jared Padalecki. Now two sources are reporting that the choice has been made, and it is Momoa.

Looks like Jason won the competition yea he is the best out of that list hollywood came up with :splat:

CliffnDallas

Reaction score
Well, he has the hair for it. And can out act a hubcap. What more is necessary. :cool:

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Who cares about the guys in a movie?

Tell me what chicks are in the movie and if they will be nude.;)

Kangaroo

Reaction score
TheCount;3250675 said:
Arnold is Conan, there's no remaking or changing that.

John Wayne is Rooster Cogburn yet they are remaking True Grit to many idiots are in charge of Hollywood production

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Kangaroo;3250739 said:
John Wayne is Rooster Cogburn yet they are remaking True Grit to many idiots are in charge of Hollywood production
You had to remind me didn't you?

Blood pressure through the roof and Jeff Bridges once again on my hate list just thinking about it.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Hostile;3250745 said:
You had to remind me didn't you?

Blood pressure through the roof and Jeff Bridges once again on my hate list just thinking about it.

I already hate the movie nothing they can due to win me over to the movie True grit and Rooster Cogburn are some of my all time favorite John Wayne Classics along with The Cowboys. There are a lot more John Wayne movies I like these are just some of my favorite.

I hope somebody in Hollywood loses their job over this movie

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Guys ...... he looks like Conan from the novels.

Arnold was the one who changed Conan's look.

Conan9.png

Conan has "sullen" blue eyes and a black "square-cut mane". Howard describes the character as wearing whatever garb is typical for the land and culture in which Conan finds himself.
Although Conan is muscular, Howard frequently compares his agility and way of moving to that of a panther. His skin is dark. In his younger years, he is often depicted wearing a light chain shirt and a horned helmet, though appearances vary with different artists.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
TheCount;3251255 said:
He looks more like a Beastmaster to me. ;)

lol your probably right. By the way one of my favorite movies as a teenager.

WarC

Reaction score
They should have done what they did for the original Conans and pulled someone off the bodybuilding circuit...To me, the dude playing Conan has to be huge. No way Jason Momoa is big enough for the role, unless he spends about a year seriously bulking up prior to filming.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
WarC;3252631 said:
They should have done what they did for the original Conans and pulled someone off the bodybuilding circuit...To me, the dude playing Conan has to be huge. No way Jason Momoa is big enough for the role, unless he spends about a year seriously bulking up prior to filming.

:bang2:

They are remaking the novels.

Not the movie.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
TheCount;3250675 said:
Arnold is Conan, there's no remaking or changing that.

Nah, I think The Rock could do it too and probably better than Arnold. He was great in The Scorpion King.