You Know What I Like About Boxing?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
They do no mess around. You cheat or break the rules, you don't fight.

Boxer and his trainer were suspended a year for having plaster of Paris in his hand wraps.

Thats punishment. I don't pay any attention to boxing at all but I respect the fact that they do not even screw around.

The IOC as well. You cheat them and they pretty much take it all from you.

Thats what other sports need. Some serious punishment. You start sitting guys for extended periods of time, I guarantee you will see fewer incidents.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
I wouldn't really go that far...boxing is known for some shady dealings as well and I've seen a lot of questionable decisions that raise the eyebrow, like Miguel Cotto's "stoppage" over Demarcus Chop-Chop Corley. That ref definitely had the fix in on that one.

It's still an exciting sport though.

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
I fought professionally 18 times (13-5). I then quit because it HURTS!!!

At one point, I was 11-0. Then, you start fighting guys who are fighting to feed their kids. I was boxing because I saw Rocky and thought it was cool.

Anyway, fighters are the greatest athletes in the world. Think about it......
When was the last time you got into a fight? How long did you last until you were absolutely WINDED???? Maybe a minute or two?

Fighters, first of all, you're "on your own". No teammates, no help, no "blockers", no backup. You're on your own out there.

Then, you hafta' be in shape enough to go 8-12 rounds, depending on where your at on the ladder. Think about that. That's a long fight.

Any kind of fighting, boxers included, forget about it!!! No other sport compares, if for no other reason than "bodily harm" that separates the sport out from every other sport.................................

jcollins28

Reaction score
lewpac;2711498 said:

At one point, I was 11-0. Then, you start fighting guys who are fighting to feed their kids. I was boxing because I saw Rocky and thought it was cool.

When was the last time you got into a fight? How long did you last until you were absolutely WINDED???? Maybe a minute or two?

Fighters, first of all, you're "on your own". No teammates, no help, no "blockers", no backup. You're on your own out there.

Then, you hafta' be in shape enough to go 8-12 rounds, depending on where your at on the ladder. Think about that. That's a long fight.

Any kind of fighting, boxers included, forget about it!!! No other sport compares, if for no other reason than "bodily harm" that separates the sport out from every other sport.................................

Just try shadow boxing for that long, and that is without getting hit..lol. I work out 5-6 days a week and use a heavy bag for cardio since I hate riding on a bike that goes nowhere. Anyways it is great exercise and between using my heavy bag and skipping rope it is a killer work out.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
jcollins28;2711520 said:
Just try shadow boxing for that long, and that is without getting hit..lol. I work out 5-6 days a week and use a heavy bag for cardio since I hate riding on a bike that goes nowhere. Anyways it is great exercise and between using my heavy bag and skipping rope it is a killer work out.
I agree 100%. I messed around with recreational boxing in college and you really have to be in shape for it. It is the one sport that if you don't train properly. it will show. You can sort of hide out on a team and get by on your skills alone even if your conditioning is not where it should be, but in boxing, you are in there all alone, and when you are winded in the 3rd round, everyone knows that you didn't take your training seriously.

xBarberx24

Reaction score
lewpac;2711498 said:

CALM DOWN U NEVER BOXED IN UR LIFE HAHA:laugh2: