You know what's crazy Kyle Orton quitting or whatever may cost us a playoff spot

EST_1986

Reaction score
Orton would have beat Arizona. The Washington game Weeden would have likely won if it weren't for Romo returning in the condition he was in.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wut?

Just watching this GB game, I was thinking the opposite. It's possible the season plays out in such a way that Orton actually did more to help the Cowboys playing for the Bills than he would have on our bench. If this GB loss he's pitching right now holds up (big if) it could help us either keep GB playing for keeps against DET in week 17, or help us in terms of playoff seeding if Dallas can get on a winning roll here at the end of the season.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Of course, this presumes Orton would have won that game had he come in and had he started against the Cardinals.
We will never know that. So worry about what if's is futile.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wut?

Just watching this GB game, I was thinking the opposite. It's possible the season plays out in such a way that Orton actually did more to help the Cowboys playing for the Bills than he would have on our bench. If this GB loss he's pitching right now holds up (big if) it could help us either keep GB playing for keeps against DET in week 17, or help us in terms of playoff seeding if Dallas can get on a winning roll here at the end of the season.

Yep.

And Orton has been horrible for the Bills.

They win because of defense and special teams.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
Wut?

Beating Arizona and probably wash does more for our playoff hopes than anything he will do in Buffalo. Just silly.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Beating Arizona and probably wash does more for our playoff hopes than anything he will do in Buffalo. Just silly.

Weeden played pretty dang well v. WAS. I think you're pushing it if you think Kyle Orton would have played better.

He definitely would have played better than Weeden v. AZ. Not sure we'd have beaten them with Kyle in the lineup, though. But it's a good argument, anyway.

But my point was really just more that it'd be ironic of Orton ends up helping us out here at the end of the year by beating GB.