You know what's crazy Kyle Orton quitting or whatever may cost us a playoff spot

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Listen, I'm in Buffalo for the holidays and the fan base has already turned on him. Not only is he awful he has no heart. All anybody here can talk about is the dive he took a foot before a crucial first down against Denver - a game they could've won.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
Weeden played pretty dang well v. WAS. I think you're pushing it if you think Kyle Orton would have played better.

He definitely would have played better than Weeden v. AZ. Not sure we'd have beaten them with Kyle in the lineup, though. But it's a good argument, anyway.

But my point was really just more that it'd be ironic of Orton ends up helping us out here at the end of the year by beating GB.

There wouldn't have been the need to rush romo back in there against wash when you have orton. A guy you pay 4 mil per year.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
There's a scenario where GB would be out of the playoffs with a loss vs Detroit week 17 but the 1 seed with a win.

:D

Which would keep our game out of the SNF slot

Eddie

Reaction score
Orton just beat the Packers. He just did more the Cowboys than he did as a Cowboy.

Now it's up to us.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Forget Weeden and the awful Arizona game. What's hurting the Cowboys now is losing at home to the Commanders when they were 6-1.

If Dallas won that game, they'd be 10-3 right now and looking to maintain the lead in the NFC East instead of trying to gain it.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
you know whats crazy? to speculate something thats completely out of your control and agonize over it.

He's right though. Whether I have any control over it or not, Orton not being here will probably be the reason we don't make the playoffs. If we don't make it.

A serviceable QB wins that Arizona game.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I'm not reading through all of this.

But Kyle Orton is terrible, and is playing terrible in Buffalo.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
No!! what may cost dallas a playoff spot is the inexcusable loss to the Commanders!!!!

Nexx

Reaction score
He's right though. Whether I have any control over it or not, Orton not being here will probably be the reason we don't make the playoffs. If we don't make it.

A serviceable QB wins that Arizona game.

I don't know about that still. It's hard to say when we have our starting qb and he struggles against the mediocre Eagles defense. Im sure the cards would have game planned romo or Orton differently and given them fits just like they have every other qb this year. Saying Orton would have won that game is disrespectful of the cards defense imho

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
He would have DEFINITELY been our starter in Beer Pong...

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Orton is definitely better than Weeden but who knows what happens.

If you really want to place the blame, lay it at the hands of the offensive coordinator for the Skins game. We never ever adjusted to their constant blitzing. By either leaving more guys in to protect or calling shorter passing routes. It's what eventually got Romo injured. That doesn't happen, I know we win the Cardinals game. They are all smoke and mirrors. Who knows about the Skins game because we weren't exactly playing that well while he was in.

WeBlitz

Reaction score
Orton is definitely better than Weeden but who knows what happens.

If you really want to place the blame, lay it at the hands of the offensive coordinator for the Skins game. We never ever adjusted to their constant blitzing. By either leaving more guys in to protect or calling shorter passing routes. It's what eventually got Romo injured. That doesn't happen, I know we win the Cardinals game. They are all smoke and mirrors. Who knows about the Skins game because we weren't exactly playing that well while he was in.

I don't know if I would call them smoke and mirrors. They've beaten some good teams, even with Stanton at QB. I think they also have more crucial injuries when it comes to impact players than any other playoff contender.
I think they would be the 2nd best team in the league easily if Palmer was still healthy, IMO.