You lawyer types, question.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
If a site is selling a digital service, and advertises that digital service but after paying, you discover the service is down and has been for a while, what recourse is there?

The sellers are claiming that there is some text on the order page that says "You are only paying to receive access to our forums" but they don't advertise the product as "forums" they advertise an actual digital good.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
Pour hot coffee on yourself and sue.

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
How much did you lose? Tell the truth because God is watching. :D

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
tupperware;4175834 said:
If a site is selling a digital service, and advertises that digital service but after paying, you discover the service is down and has been for a while, what recourse is there?

The sellers are claiming that there is some text on the order page that says "You are only paying to receive access to our forums" but they don't advertise the product as "forums" they advertise an actual digital good.

Cancel and tell your CC company what is happening. They can get your money back. (as long as you paid with a CC)

Obviously, try to resolve it with them first. If they refuse, let your CC company handle it.

If neither of those work, I would go with the hot coffee / sue option. :laugh2:

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
I would guess this is a pirate site for music/movies/games and other PRAWN opportunities.

If so....you have no case because you don't want your wife to find out about your PRAWN habit. You sir, are disgusting. :cool: