You may be a Cowboys fan if

Red Dragon

Reaction score
...........The Cowboys kick a field goal to take a 24-23 lead with two minutes remaining in the fourth quarter. You promptly mourn the impending Cowboys defeat.

...........The Cowboys make a big play and you immediately fear the appearance of a penalty flag.

............You see some statistic proclaiming how the Cowboys are almost guaranteed to win because of some stat (i.e., teams that lead by 10 points in the fourth quarter have such-and-such an overwhelming likelihood of winning,) and say, "STOP SAYING THAT!" because you now think the Cowboys are going to lose.

.............You are watching a Cowboys game with a fan of the opposing team. The Cowboys lead his team by 6 points. His team trails the Cowboys by 6 points. Yet both of you are equally ashen-faced in despair.

..............Opposing kickers never seem to miss field goal attempts.

..............The opposing team faces a crucial 3rd down. You know they'll convert.

...............The opposing team faces a crucial 4th down. You know they'll convert.

..............You see Romo lining up in the shotgun in the red zone and screech in panic, "No interception! No interception! No interception! No interception! No interception! "

...............The opposing quarterback heaves a throw deep downfield. You know it'll be caught, even if in double coverage.

................Six-point and two-point leads make you extremely nervous. (I.e., the Cowboys lead 27-21. You immediately think they'll lose 28-27. Or they lead 23-21. You think they'll lose 24-23.)

................You assume that all penalty flags are against the Cowboys until proven otherwise.

...............You fret over whether the Cowboys are leading their opponent by one possession (1-8 points) or two possessions (9-16 points.)

...............The Cowboys are in the red zone. You say, "Run the ball! Run the ball! Don't throw a pass! Run the ball!" The Cowboys run a passing play. It ends up being a touchdown pass. You heave a sigh of relief. But the next time, you still want the Cowboys to run the ball in the red zone.

fifaguy

Reaction score
Oh-You-Make-Me-Cry-Laughing-Meme-Rage-Face-.png

30yrheel

Reaction score
...........The Cowboys kick a field goal to take a 24-23 lead with two minutes remaining in the fourth quarter. You promptly mourn the impending Cowboys defeat.

...........The Cowboys make a big play and you immediately fear the appearance of a penalty flag.

............You see some statistic proclaiming how the Cowboys are almost guaranteed to win because of some stat (i.e., teams that lead by 10 points in the fourth quarter have such-and-such an overwhelming likelihood of winning,) and say, "STOP SAYING THAT!" because you now think the Cowboys are going to lose.

.............You are watching a Cowboys game with a fan of the opposing team. The Cowboys lead his team by 6 points. His team trails the Cowboys by 6 points. Yet both of you are equally ashen-faced in despair.

..............Opposing kickers never seem to miss field goal attempts.

..............The opposing team faces a crucial 3rd down. You know they'll convert.

...............The opposing team faces a crucial 4th down. You know they'll convert.

..............You see Romo lining up in the shotgun in the red zone and screech in panic, "No interception! No interception! No interception! No interception! No interception! "

...............The opposing quarterback heaves a throw deep downfield. You know it'll be caught, even if in double coverage.

................Six-point and two-point leads make you extremely nervous. (I.e., the Cowboys lead 27-21. You immediately think they'll lose 28-27. Or they lead 23-21. You think they'll lose 24-23.)

................You assume that all penalty flags are against the Cowboys until proven otherwise.

...............You fret over whether the Cowboys are leading their opponent by one possession (1-8 points) or two possessions (9-16 points.)

...............The Cowboys are in the red zone. You say, "Run the ball! Run the ball! Don't throw a pass! Run the ball!" The Cowboys run a passing play. It ends up being a touchdown pass. You heave a sigh of relief. But the next time, you still want the Cowboys to run the ball in the red zone.

Very accurate description of me

mahoneybill

Reaction score
You realize that this is somewhat like the movie " GroundHog Day"... it just keeps happening over and over but we don't get to have a different outcome each time:):)

Last edited:

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
You watch other teams in the waning moments of their game and you wonder, "how come other teams find ways to win the close games, and our team flat out losses?"

Zman5

Reaction score
After a heart breaking loss, you look in the mirror and tell yourself "We are good enough, we are smart enough, and doggone it, people like us!" .

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
You shake your head and wonder? OK? What the Hell is going on? It must be the Devil.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
Seriously, has there ever been another team in all of sports who has lost so many games in the way that the Cowboys have lost in the last decade? I can imagine it's great for the opposing fans, but the Cowboys are easily the #1 team who finds the most exciting ways to lose games...

popp1234

Reaction score
...If you've always questioned the existence of "Football gods", but make it a point to add, "if there are such gods, they hate our freakin' guts!"

popp1234

Reaction score
Seriously, has there ever been another team in all of sports who has lost so many games in the way that the Cowboys have lost in the last decade? I can imagine it's great for the opposing fans, but the Cowboys are easily the #1 team who finds the most exciting depressing ways to lose games...

Fixed it for ya....

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Seriously, has there ever been another team in all of sports who has lost so many games in the way that the Cowboys have lost in the last decade? I can imagine it's great for the opposing fans, but the Cowboys are easily the #1 team who finds the most exciting ways to lose games...

Only team I can think of that might really match or exceed the Cowboys in that category would be the San Diego Chargers. They led the Broncos 24-0 at home at halftime in a game last year. In the second half, they were outscored 35-0 and lost 35-24.

This season, they led the Texans by 21 points in the season opener, then collapsed and lost 31-28.

Last year, they allowed the Ravens to convert a 4th-and-29. They were leading by three points. They allowed Ray Rice to gain 29 yards.........

In the 2006 divisional playoffs, the Chargers were 14-2 and the AFC's top seed. But they blew a 21-13 lead over the Patriots and lost 24-21. In particular, a Chargers defender intercepted Brady, but then fumbled, giving the ball back to the Patriots.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
When crazy, impossible things happen, you sit there and say nothing, emotionless, because you already knew the impossible would happen. And when it does, you're neither shocked nor amused.