You mean I didn't get the job?

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Reminds me of when Biff Loman stole the guy's pen.

JOB INTERVIEW RULE NO. 1: DON'T ROB THE BOSS
By JAMIE SCHRAM

NY Post
August 28, 2008

He would have gotten the job - if only he hadn't stolen the interviewer's wallet.

And Marco Marabotto, 31, would have never gotten caught if he hadn't listed his name and address on the job application.

Now Marabotto faces up to four years in the slammer after lifting Carly Miller's wallet from her purse during an Aug. 15 job interview, sources said.

"This is one of the dumbest criminals alive," said Bill Clinger, Miller's boss at Revolution, a pedicab courier service on Ninth Avenue.

Clinger advertised for a driver on Craigslist and Marabotto, who lives in Manhattan, made an appointment for an interview.

Miller, 22, did the interview from behind a desk as Marabotto sat across from her. Her purse was on a chair next to him.

Miller got good vibes from Marabotto.

"I would have hired him, absolutely," she said yesterday. "I had a good feeling about him. He was very friendly and warm."

She believes her wallet was stolen when someone came into the room to talk to her.

Marabotto allegedly went on a spending spree with Miller's credit cards before he was busted last Saturday and charged with grand larceny.