Bill Bates

DB
Deion Sanders
Mel Renfro
Darren Woodson
Michael Downs

kskboys

Reaction score
My complaint with Ware is that he rarely delivered a sack in critical times when it really mattered. I can think of only two Ware sacks in his entire career that came at a vital juncture - one is a sack of Eli Manning in the fourth quarter of the Giants playoff game (which ended up as a defeat anyway), the other was a 3rd-down sack of Kurt Warner in the 2008 Arizona game with only a few minutes remaining in regulation (although Dallas sadly lost that game too.)

Many of Ware's sacks, such as his career-high four sacks in a blowout loss to the Eagles, didn't make any difference to the game outcome. They looked nice on the stat sheet but that was it.

So, despite amassing a gaudy number of sacks in his tally, I would not want Ware as the one in a need-a-sack-to-stay-alive situation.
BS.

Red, I agree w/ you on so much, but you've got this one wrong. You've inadvertently fell for media blather.

Ware, during his prime(5-6 year period, I believe), played more snaps than any D player in the NFL. And then add in the fact that he seldom had anyone around him. You're analyzing w/ incomplete data.

Ware, during his prime, was consistently chipped, doubled, and tripled due to having limited threat around him. Opponents schemed to take him out of the game, and he was feared mightily. You've fallen for the media blather. Some talking head spewed this out, and the Cowboys nation lapped it up. Sad stuff.

kskboys

Reaction score
He did I believe, but it was with the Broncos in the play-offs.
Isn't it funny how Ware goes to another team and suddenly is clutch? Think about that, especially those of you who bought into the spew of him not being clutch.

John813

Reaction score
LDE- Lawrence-Jones-Ellis?
DT- Lilly-Glover-Lett
DT- White-Ratliff-Pugh
RDE- Haley-Ware-Martin

Lutonio

Reaction score
My complaint with Ware is that he rarely delivered a sack in critical times when it really mattered. I can think of only two Ware sacks in his entire career that came at a vital juncture - one is a sack of Eli Manning in the fourth quarter of the Giants playoff game (which ended up as a defeat anyway), the other was a 3rd-down sack of Kurt Warner in the 2008 Arizona game with only a few minutes remaining in regulation (although Dallas sadly lost that game too.)

Many of Ware's sacks, such as his career-high four sacks in a blowout loss to the Eagles, didn't make any difference to the game outcome. They looked nice on the stat sheet but that was it.

So, despite amassing a gaudy number of sacks in his tally, I would not want Ware as the one in a need-a-sack-to-stay-alive situation.

I think he got the strip-sack on Brees to beat the then undefeated Saints after Folk missed a chip shot to put it away the drive before.