You pick the first two rounds

UncleOscar

Reaction score
In looking at several mock drafts it appears that at #27 there will be a group of RBs and CBs available worthy of being picked #27, and then the talent falls off to some very solid 2nd round talent. Thus baring some higher ranked player falling down to #27, it appears there is a good chance we might be drafting either a RB or CB at #27.

If these players are available in each round, which two do you like. Pick one from each round.
First round:
Kevin Johnson, Marcus Peters, Jalen Collins, Byron Jones, Ronald Darby
Todd Gurley, Melvin Gordon

Second round:
Jay Ajayi, Tevin Coleman,Duke Johnson,T.J. Yeldon, Ameer Abdullah,
Quinten Rollins, D'Joun Smith,Eric Rowe, Senquez Golson,Steven Nelson, IFO EKPRE-OLOMU

I'm thinking ideally the Cowboys would like to come away with a CB & RB in the first two rounds. There is a chance that Gurley and/or Gordon will be available at #27, so the decision is to draft them and a lesser talented CB in Rd 2. Or, draft the best available CB at 27 and then the best RB in the second round.

I absolutely believe we draft a RB in the first two rounds.

endersdragon

Reaction score
Gurley/Gordon and Rowe. If both running backs are gone Johnson and Johnson (mostly just because I wanted to say that lol but seriously Johnson and whoever the best RB prospect is)

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Johnson in first best DT in 2nd then RB in third maybe David Cobb or best available.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Todd Gurley, Melvin Gordon and we'll dominate this solar system
2] IFO EKPRE-OLOMU if he goes to anger management training

reddyuta

Reaction score
Kevin johnson is already out of reach and i doubt they consider Peters.i would trade out of the first and pick Ajayi or preston smith with our first 2nd rd pick and Darby or Byron jones with our other 2nd rd pick.

UncleOscar

Reaction score
I think there is a high liklihood that Gurley and Gordon will be gone when we pick at 27. Then assuming no highly rated player falls to us, then I like Kevin Johnson and either Coleman or Ajayi.

I'm not sure the Cowboys risk going into the late third round to draft a RB.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Really depends on Gurley's knee. If it checks out:

Gurley and Rowe

If not:

Johnson and Ajayi

Derinyar

Reaction score
I just assume any discussion of Gurley presumes that his knee is good and will be ready for start of season. If he's not he might actually be there when we pick in the second, which I'd have to seriously consider.

Gurley is the best talent on the board if he's there. So I'd have a hard time passing him up. So in that scenario I'd go Gurley in the 1st. Out of the choices for the second round I'd go Rollings, because at that point I suspect he would be BPA out of those CBs. I do wonder how ever if some WR might slide down to the right point.

visionary

Reaction score
If we don't get AP:

Gurley and Rowe

If we get AP:

Johnson and DL

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Peters and Rowe fixes our secondary once and for all and then DT in the 3rd, forget about it...

endersdragon

Reaction score
I honestly am starting to think there is next to no chance Ajayi makes it to 60. To many teams wanting a RB