You sure you didn't want Jamal Adams

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Quite possibly the best 'in the box' safety in the league & one of the most secure tacklers in the league. He would've certainly helped in the run game & shutting down Cook tonight, I think it was a mistake not giving up a 1st and two 2nd round draft picks for this guy.

He did some Houdini **** on "Danny dimes" today & won that game for the jets.
Adams is a very good box safety but DAL also walked all over Danny Dimes and shut down SQB as a runner no box safety needed.

No, I would not trade 3 premium picks for a Box Safety, even an elite one.
The Jets still suck WITH Adams because that position is not enough to carry any team.

DAL has to face fiscal realities and will need those picks playing at rookie salaries and playing well.

DAL was manhandled in trenches all night. You deserve to lose those games even when your QB is molten lava.
What NE does is adjust the trench warefare as needed to pull out at least a tie every single week.
We do not seem to adjust in the trenches.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
All that said, if this off-season the Jets are realistic and want R1 and next year's R2 I am all in on the deal.
Otherwise, see y'all in free agency.

Asking for Martin or Tyron was just them saying they weren't really interested in a trade at all. We made the call and they asked for the moon.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Quite possibly the best 'in the box' safety in the league & one of the most secure tacklers in the league. He would've certainly helped in the run game & shutting down Cook tonight, I think it was a mistake not giving up a 1st and two 2nd round draft picks for this guy.

Not at the price they wanted for him.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

Yes, I'm sure I dont want trade Zack Martin, a 1st rounder, + for an elite box safety.

Can't believe that's even a question

Last edited:

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Adams is an elite player at a position where there's simply not many elite players - seems like most of the top athletes have realized the money is at CB. So I don't doubt that he's better than any safety we'll be able to draft for a while.

But for a first and two seconds? By my count, we have five starters on defense with expiring contracts after this season (Quinn, Collins, Woods, Jones, Brown). Those picks are ammo we need to reload those positions, not to go full top-heavy mode on defense.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Similarly to Derwin James, not only is Adams an elite run support Safety, but he also adds a significant amount of range too the secondary. Players like those two are where you see SS's become major impact players.