You wanted offensive changes

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Good. The Romo/Witten/Dez trio was as stale as could be. All 3 of them are gone now in 2 years. Dez and Witten did nothing for this offense any longer. I am excited to move on from Witten. Thanks for your service but you are way over the hill. And have the lowest YAC and is one of the slowest guys in the league. It became painful to watch. I am glad Dak won't have those 2 yard Witten checkdowns to fall back on now.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Might be a good time to move away from the TE in the passing game. I'm excited...Witten has held this offense back as the security blanket. I want a more explosive passing game where the top-3 receivers are WRs and the TE is merely a decent 4th or 5th option. Look at the Packers, Falcons, and Steelers. They aren't so reliant on a TE

blueblood70

Reaction score
Sacrificing pawns on the chessboard won’t protect one from a superior chess player.

22 seasons of 2 playoff wins/no NFC Champ appearances tells me that “new toys” won’t get it done — especially
with Garrett (8 seasons/1 WC win/no NFC Champ appearances) at the helm.
stop living in the past.. go in corner and cry yourself to sleep if you want to constantly be negative and rip the team you are supposed to be a fan of.. going back more than 5 yrs is futile..new teams nearly fully turned over and IMO things are a lot better than those 10years back in the early 2000s or the few where JJ got crazy trying to trade for Williams and Galloway etc etc.bad drafts..some of us are trying to enjoy our team..root for them support the star..BTW Jerry has won more Superbowls in the same 29/30 yr period than the old regime..they don't grow on trees and many Teams around the league don't have even one, some have multiples and only elite franchises have what we have.. sure its been tough been long while since we have got to a NFCG but its coming..the eagles took their entire existence to finally win one but fans like you act as if they are the blueprint to follow now..sure..

Flamma

Reaction score
I don't mind if Witten retires. He's been an amazing player. But he still has value in the redzone and on run plays. The Cowboys don't have him running 7-10 yard outs from around the 20 yard line. He's running downfield and scoring touchdowns.

DanA

Reaction score
If we had Witten for just one more year I'd feel really good about the offense. Shame we lost him before we could organize a proper replacement. I still think he's got another solid year in him.

Flamma

Reaction score
I hope Dak steps up this year.

I'm still not down on Dak. They guy showed what he can do in 2016 given the time and monster threat he has in the backfield. Last year was chaos with suspensions and offensive line problems. No one had a good year.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
It is definitely a new era. A new chapter in Cowboys history. Especially if Witten does end up retiring.

Centex

Reaction score
If we had Witten for just one more year I'd feel really good about the offense. Shame we lost him before we could organize a proper replacement. I still think he's got another solid year in him.
He should have retired before the draft to give us time to plan. This coming out after day one was odd and a little disappointing.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Maybe. I just see 19 catches in a season on a college team and that doesnt give me any reason to hope he can beat NFL LB's and safeties.
Rise above stats.

He's athletic, has room to get bigger and has a great attitude. Mix that with what Witten, Garrett, Stephen and Babe have said, you can sense they really like him.

The rest is on him to step up. Every year there seems to be two or three random TEs that just show up out of nowhere. I think Jarwin will be one of them this year.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Good...that’s the plan. Rebuild the offense. Phase 1 of the plan is done,now onto phase 2. Find out which of these bums can’t play,and draft accordingly next year too.

dallasdave

Reaction score
I think most people not just fans expect the Cowboy's run game to be somewhat dominant. If the pass game gets hot at the right time this could be a very good offense this season.
Improve on 2 years ago and might have the #1 offense.

dallasdave

Reaction score
I like that they drafted a QB to send a message to Dak. Hopefully this new QB will look good during preseason. Dak played well his rookie season with the extra pressure of Romo possibly coming back, i'm hoping for similar results again out of Dak. :star:
Wise words

DanA

Reaction score
He should have retired before the draft to give us time to plan. This coming out after day one was odd and a little disappointing.

I agree but in saying that, I don’t think I would have approached the draft any differently.

The first three picks hit needs and offered value, I wouldn’t have wanted to hit TE before the fourth.

We could have maybe targeted a TE in free agency like Tyler Eifort but Witten would have had to have made the decision awhile ago.