You would think the Raiders would know better!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
We all saw how the Raiders beat the Jets in the final seconds a few weeks ago. Last night up by 1 with 20 seconds to go where Dolphins had no timeouts at their own 25. Not only to they allow a 30 yd completion, where the receiver got out of bounds, but a 15 yd facemask. Dolphins kick the winning FG and eliminate the Raiders from the postseason. Best line I heard all season long, this is the only place in Vegas where the house loses, lol!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wonder what RaidersNation is saying, how they are grilling Chucky. :laugh:

Jipper

Reaction score
We all saw how the Raiders beat the Jets in the final seconds a few weeks ago. Last night up by 1 with 20 seconds to go where Dolphins had no timeouts at their own 25. Not only to they allow a 30 yd completion, where the receiver got out of bounds, but a 15 yd facemask. Dolphins kick the winning FG and eliminate the Raiders from the postseason. Best line I heard all season long, this is the only place in Vegas where the house loses, lol!

I was at the “hand of god” game in Washington 2006when something similar happened to us after a blocked fg

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Also.
Can you imagine being a fan of the Dolphins. Give up that TD, go get you own TD, only to give up the go ahead FG with 19 seconds left.
If I was a Dolphins fan, I would have thought, and as I posted during the game.
It was stupid not to take the TD and go down at the 1 yard line. But as a Dolphins fan, can you imagine, feeling down at that time, then that pass and penalty.
Has to be from a low to a high instantly.

JBS

Reaction score
I was at the “hand of god” game in Washington 2006when something similar happened to us after a blocked fg
I was there. Never heard that game dubbed the hand of God game. I hate that name and will never refer to that game as that again. What a brutal L that was.

WTtoolman

Reaction score

Jipper

Reaction score
I was there. Never heard that game dubbed the hand of God game. I hate that name and will never refer to that game as that again. What a brutal L that was.

yeah dude, we were in the low corner 10 yard line where the cowboys were kicking and saw the whole thing...was sick leaving that stadium

Reactions: JBS

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
I'm just somewhat confused why they knelt on 3rd and goal. At least try to go for the TD if you are on the 1 yard line. Is that only me? It seemed strange at the time.

Creeper

Reaction score
I would have gone for the TD too. I am sure Chuckie was thinking a FG with 20 seconds left was a sure thing, but when I saw his defense play that last 20 seconds, I was thinking his defense stinks, should have gone for the TD!

btw, what happened to David Irving? is he still on the Raiders squad?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I remember that one for sure. Also remember that Santana Moss game against them.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I'm just somewhat confused why they knelt on 3rd and goal. At least try to go for the TD if you are on the 3 yard line. Is that only me? It seemed strange at the time.

It was the right decision, if you cannot hold a team for 20 seconds, in their own end with not timeouts, you don't deserve to win the game!

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
It was the right decision, if you cannot hold a team for 20 seconds, in their own end with not timeouts, you don't deserve to win the game!
Sure I saw the Raiders defense was pathetic, but you have to try to score more points. I'd rather see the Dolphins score a TD to win.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Sure I saw the Raiders defense was pathetic, but you have to try to score more points. I'd rather see the Dolphins score a TD to win.

I think most coaches would of used the same strategy.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
I think most coaches would of used the same strategy.
Maybe but if you can't rely on the defense to not allow for 6 points in 1 minute, you know, kinda equal to them getting in FG range in 20 secs. Well they were one good throw in 20 secs to losing so either way it was what it was.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Maybe but if you can't rely on the defense to not allow for 6 points in 1 minute, you know, kinda equal to them getting in FG range in 20 secs. Well they were one good throw in 20 secs to losing so either way it was what it was.
Annalystics could also have played a role, odds were more in favor to defend 20 seconds with no timeouts, then having a team drive for a TD with a minute remaining.