You'll be shocked to learn I'm rooting for the Commanders to break their own playoff record

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
... break their own playoff record. On December 8, 1940 the Chicago Bears clobbered the Commanders 73 to 0 in the playoffs. That score still stands as the most lopsided playoff loss in NFL history. I think it's time for that record to be broken, and it should be broken by the team that holds it. Come on, Commanders. You can do it. Lose your playoff game by 74 points or more. I'll be so proud of them if they beat their old record.

khiladi

Reaction score
Gruden is a better coach than Garrett and their OC is close to thirty years old and can put up more points in one game than Garrett can apparently do in a season as OC, despite having Romo...

That's how incompetent our HC is..

Eddie

Reaction score
Gruden is a better coach than Garrett and their OC is close to thirty years old and can put up more points in one game than Garrett can apparently do in a season as OC, despite having Romo...

That's how incompetent our HC is..

It's not about the HC's. It's about having a competent QB. Cousins showed up.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
... break their own playoff record. On December 8, 1940 the Chicago Bears clobbered the Commanders 73 to 0 in the playoffs. That score still stands as the most lopsided playoff loss in NFL history. I think it's time for that record to be broken, and it should be broken by the team that holds it. Come on, Commanders. You can do it. Lose your playoff game by 74 points or more. I'll be so proud of them if they beat their old record.

If they were playing the Seahawks...that would happen. Good lord were they terrible last night.

YR

Eddie

Reaction score
I disagree. Garrett's offense is outdated and restrictive. It prevents backup QBs from winning and Tony Romo from being as good as he could be. Put young Tony in a Shanahan, McDaniels or McCarthy offense and he already has a ring.

You mean the amazing talents of Brandon Weeden and Matt Cassel? I love all those winning seasons Shanahan had without a reasonable QB.

Good argument.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
You mean the amazing talents of Brandon Weeden and Matt Cassel? I love all those winning seasons Shanahan had without a reasonable QB.

Good argument.

What Shanahan did in one year with RGMe should be automatic enshrinement to the HOF if compared to what Red did with our backups.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I hope Commanders get blown out...unless they are playing the Packers, then may pull for Commanders.
Sorry your thread got derailed. But it happens to EVERY thread.

VACowboy

Reaction score

Good argument.

Matt Cassel had a couple of pretty nice seasons playing in the Charlie Weis/Josh McDaniels offense. Robert Griffin III won Offensive Rookie of the Year and went 10-6 under Kyle Shanahan. Mike Shanahan won three Super Bowls as offensive coordinator. Nobody in the NFL wins without a good player at QB. But none of that is the point. The point is that Jason Garrett's offense is unimaginative and does nothing to help the players do their jobs. It is simple by design, depending on great players to make great plays. And that was fine in 1992 when the Cowboys had All Pros at every offensive position and a great defense to go with it. But things have changed. There's free agency and a salary cap. The rules are different. And if you aren't playing offense that takes advantage of those changes, you're getting left behind.

I don't think it's coincidence that Jason Garrett's backup QBs are 1-11 on the season. You may see 1-11 as an indication of good coaching despite terrible QB play. I do not. The offense wasn't exactly tearing up the league when Romo was healthy, either. I think Romo is a GREAT QB. I just think he would have been much greater in a better offense.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Isnt it the most lopsided game in NFL, not just playoffs.

I used to read about this game when I was a kid. When I was really getting into football, I loved reading about NFL history

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If they were playing the Seahawks...that would happen. Good lord were they terrible last night.
YR

I'm pretty sure the Seahawks will be their opponent. Playing in DC, I think the Commanders have a real chance of winning. Nix the idea that the Commanders will break their own said record. That was a utter beat down that will most likely never be broken.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Oh, wow, another Garrett thread. A thread about something else, and taken over in post #4.
IMAGINE THAT....:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Tell me about it. This was supposed to be a fun thread about the Commanders possibly getting blown out. If you want to talk about Garrett's merits as a coach or lack thereof, it's not so hard to go back to the main forum and start a new thread.
Imagine: "My post is not about the topic. I think I'll start a new thread."
It's not so terribly difficult.