Young Blood May Hold Key to Reversing Aging

joseephuss

Reaction score
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/05/science/young-blood-may-hold-key-to-reversing-aging.html?_r=0

Young Blood May Hold Key to Reversing Aging

Two teams of scientists published studies on Sunday showing that blood from young mice reverses aging in old mice, rejuvenating their muscles and brains. As ghoulish as the research may sound, experts said that it could lead to treatments for disorders like Alzheimer’s disease and heart disease.

“I am extremely excited,” said Rudolph Tanzi, a professor of neurology at Harvard Medical School, who was not involved in the research. “These findings could be a game changer.”

The research builds on centuries of speculation that the blood of young people contains substances that might rejuvenate older adults.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Elizabeth Bathory was on to something?

jnday

Reaction score
The next question that comes to mind is " will blood from an older person make a young person feel old"?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who wants to live forever, not me.

flash12.gif

oh well. who wants to live forever? HAHAHAHA! DIVE!!!​

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Who wants to live forever, not me.

If you could have the quality of life of a healthy 40 year old at age 80 .... Then The quality of life of an 80 year old at age 120..... Would you not take it?

"Live long enough to live forever"

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
If you could have the quality of life of a healthy 40 year old at age 80 .... Then The quality of life of an 80 year old at age 120..... Would you not take it?

No. I don't want to be scientifically altered. It won't stop there. Next thing we will be part cyborg. Myself I don't want to live till 80. 60-65, that's it for me.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Now I have the Queen song from the Highlander movie in my head and I am blaming you for it. :)

The movie really was in many ways depressing. Living all those years yet always having to be ready to fight to the death; loneliness; making friends and watching them get old and die. Having to keep moving when someone notices you not aging. Immortality might not be worth it.

CashMan

Reaction score
No. I don't want to be scientifically altered. It won't stop there. Next thing we will be part cyborg. Myself I don't want to live till 80. 60-65, that's it for me.

If you eat GMO food, you probably have already been altered.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

You are already scientifically altered. Think about it.

Hoofbite

Reaction score

Wouldn't you live extra long at the old age though?

Instead of a few years of an old enough age to suck, you'd have many.

Guess that's the trade off.