Young homeless man...

Status
Not open for further replies.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
True story...

Does anyone have any Chick Fil A's around where you live? If not, it's a tasty little chicken sandwich.

Anyway, yesterday I went to Chick Fil A for lunch and after going through the drive thru to get my two sandwiches I was behind a few cars and was waiting for them to get into traffic so I could get in traffic and go home.

Well, while I was stopped waiting for the cars in front of me there was a young man (i would say about 35) sitting on the curb with a sign that I could not read, but I knew that he was panhandling. He did not look like the typical bum in a bad part of town so I decided that I would throw him a dollar when I got to him.

Well, I was behind the last car to get on the main highway and I waved a One Dollar bill through my front window. He jumped up and came over to me. I rolled down my passenger window and told him to say "Go Cowboys!"

He said, "Go Cowboys." I said, no, say it loud. He said, "Go COWboys". I told him "No, louder!"

He yelled, "GO COWBOYS!"

I laughed at him and said, "this is all I got brother", and I handed him a 20 spot! He told me thanks with a big grin on his face and told me "God bless you..."

I turned onto the main road home to eat lunch.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I just ate at the original Chick-fil-A

iNXDLwo.jpg

kimrose

Reaction score
Saved yourself from an extremely unhealthy meal too. Win win!

Actually, no he didn't. Did you read what he wrote? He said he waved a one dollar bill at a homeless man to get his attention, then made him perform tricks for the one dollar bill, then rewarded him with a whole twenty dollar bill for tricks performed screaming Go Cowboys, then went home with his two chick-fil-a sandwiches and ate them both. The only thing he actually did in this venture was treat a human being down on his luck like a piece of **** garbage. I don't see the valor in that. Nor did he save himself from an unhealthy meal, or an unhealthy view of humans who don't have as much as he does. As far as I'm concerned, he is scum. And should be treated as such. Why are you all propping him up for this?? Maybe you all should fall down on your luck, as well.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
Actually, no he didn't. Did you read what he wrote? He said he waved a one dollar bill at a homeless man to get his attention, then made him perform tricks for the one dollar bill, then rewarded him with a whole twenty dollar bill for tricks performed screaming Go Cowboys, then went home with his two chick-fil-a sandwiches and ate them both. The only thing he actually did in this venture was treat a human being down on his luck like a piece of **** garbage. I don't see the valor in that. Nor did he save himself from an unhealthy meal, or an unhealthy view of humans who don't have as much as he does. As far as I'm concerned, he is scum. And should be treated as such. Why are you all propping him up for this?? Maybe you all should fall down on your luck, as well.

Lol chill.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
True story...

Does anyone have any Chick Fil A's around where you live? If not, it's a tasty little chicken sandwich.

Anyway, yesterday I went to Chick Fil A for lunch and after going through the drive thru to get my two sandwiches I was behind a few cars and was waiting for them to get into traffic so I could get in traffic and go home.

Well, while I was stopped waiting for the cars in front of me there was a young man (i would say about 35) sitting on the curb with a sign that I could not read, but I knew that he was panhandling. He did not look like the typical bum in a bad part of town so I decided that I would throw him a dollar when I got to him.

Well, I was behind the last car to get on the main highway and I waved a One Dollar bill through my front window. He jumped up and came over to me. I rolled down my passenger window and told him to say "Go Cowboys!"

He said, "Go Cowboys." I said, no, say it loud. He said, "Go COWboys". I told him "No, louder!"

He yelled, "GO COWBOYS!"

I laughed at him and said, "this is all I got brother", and I handed him a 20 spot! He told me thanks with a big grin on his face and told me "God bless you..."

https://encrypted-tbn1.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8DsusaIbca-SINiHInAy0akDfLu-pGKy4_cnNyITYMCsp-tr2

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score

My initial thought as well.

bb721

Reaction score
True story...

He yelled, "GO COWBOYS!"

Wow, you're a pretty classy guy. More specifically low class, 3rd class, no class etc.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
lol Lot's of hate coming my way, but, you needed to be there to appreciate what took place. The guy was not offended at all and he did end up with 20 bones.

When is the last time you goody two shoes did anything good for a guy in need?

I bet most of you jokers that see a guy in need on the street just look the other way, right? Sure you do.

You don't know me or my personality, yet when I see someone in need at least I help! When is the last time anyone of you that are blasting me gave anything to someone on the street?

Hell, a few days ago I was at a convenience store getting some milk and eggs and while I was at the counter getting ready to pay when a man and his little girl came up behind me with soft drinks and I told the clerk "Hey, I want to buy this dad and his little pretty girl their drinks...." The man said, "Oh no, you don't have to do that!" I said, it's not a big deal and he asked me my name and we shook hands....no big deal.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
And, what about you prick! Hell, I sent you something in the mail at my own expense! Remember that?

Does Crown Royal ring a bell? You can bet you butt I will never do that again for YOU! lol

I'm a giver if I can...and I have sent Cowboy books and jerseys to others on this forum that I do not even know!

So, if you think I "trained a monkey"....ask the young man that smiled at me when I gave some help to him.

There were 7 or 8 cars that just passed by the guy. I'm sure that the ones that are criticizing me would have been in one of those cars.

yimyammer

Reaction score
lol Lot's of hate coming my way, but, you needed to be there to appreciate what took place. The guy was not offended at all and he did end up with 20 bones.

When is the last time you goody two shoes did anything good for a guy in need?

I bet most of you jokers that see a guy in need on the street just look the other way, right? Sure you do.

You don't know me or my personality, yet when I see someone in need at least I help! When is the last time anyone of you that are blasting me gave anything to someone on the street?

Hell, a few days ago I was at a convenience store getting some milk and eggs and while I was at the counter getting ready to pay when a man and his little girl came up behind me with soft drinks and I told the clerk "Hey, I want to buy this dad and his little pretty girl their drinks...." The man said, "Oh no, you don't have to do that!" I said, it's not a big deal and he asked me my name and we shook hands....no big deal.

BUT...did he yell "Go Cowboys!"

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
BUT...did he yell "Go Cowboys!"

It was all in jest....he had as much fun as I did. I did not make him "dance like a monkey".

Body language and eye contact are 90% of communication.

Hell, up here in Utah he might have been a 49'er fan or a Stealer fan for all I know? lol

Maybe I made him a Cowboy fan now? lol

I see WV Cowboy has shut his mouth! I sent him something in the mail just because. He's no better than the poor guy that was down on his luck looking for a handout!

Angus12

Reaction score
I frequently donate to charities. My kids and I often give money to people on the street, or buy them meals. We've stopped and given blankets and coats to people on the street. Not once have we made them do anything for our enjoyment to receive said charity. Nor felt the need to try and garner any type of recognition for it as you clearly were here. In both your initial post, then in your second attempt during your tantrum.

But, hey. Your vehement protests and attempts at justifying your actions tell quite the story.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I frequently donate to charities. My kids and I often give money to people on the street, or buy them meals. We've stopped and given blankets and coats to people on the street. Not once have we made them do anything for our enjoyment to receive said charity. Nor felt the need to try and garner any type of recognition for it as you clearly were here. In both your initial post, then in your second attempt during your tantrum.

But, hey. Your vehement protests and attempts at justifying your actions tell quite the story.

I apologize....

love

Status
Not open for further replies.