Young homeless man...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I get an allowance from my company for meals. Use it or lose it. I often buy a few burgers and give them to homeless people. Involuntary donations, lol.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
lol Lot's of hate coming my way, but, you needed to be there to appreciate what took place. The guy was not offended at all and he did end up with 20 bones.

When is the last time you goody two shoes did anything good for a guy in need?

I bet most of you jokers that see a guy in need on the street just look the other way, right? Sure you do.

You don't know me or my personality, yet when I see someone in need at least I help! When is the last time anyone of you that are blasting me gave anything to someone on the street?

Hell, a few days ago I was at a convenience store getting some milk and eggs and while I was at the counter getting ready to pay when a man and his little girl came up behind me with soft drinks and I told the clerk "Hey, I want to buy this dad and his little pretty girl their drinks...." The man said, "Oh no, you don't have to do that!" I said, it's not a big deal and he asked me my name and we shook hands....no big deal.

Whether I give anything to anybody is nobody's business but mine. What I will say is just because someone doesn't come on an Internet forum to talk about how generous they've been doesn't mean they haven't done anything generous.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Honestly, if I was hungry and someone gave me 20$ to yell GO COWBOYS, i'd be more than happy to do it.

Hell, I'd probably do it now.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
I see WV Cowboy has shut his mouth! I sent him something in the mail just because. He's no better than the poor guy that was down on his luck looking for a handout!

LOL, .. I shut my mouth because I went home from work and my computer is at work.

I do remember offering to buy that from you, but you said no and very generously sent it to me on your own dime.
I didn't know you were going to throw that back in my face one day.

But I still don't know that that has anything to do with your original post.

And what did you mean that, .. I'm no better than the poor guy that was down on his luck looking for a handout?

Perhaps I'm not, but what are you getting at with that comment? What did you mean about him, .. about me?

Last edited:

yimyammer

Reaction score
Beat me to it.

It made me a bit uncomfortable. I'm sure there was no malice intent there though.

Me too, I don't want to come down to hard on the guy and just hope the money helped that homeless guy out and didn't support a drug habit. I'm so jaded, I rarely, if ever, give these people anything so I'm in no position to judge. I guess we could be hard on extravagant fund raisers where people get dressed up, have a fancy dinner, etc. In a perfect world, I suppose all the money would go directly to a charity without the donators having to be entertained in the process.

At the end of the day, I'll just hope folks lives, like in this scenario, are a smidge+ better regardless of how the money gets to them.

CoCo

Reaction score
I trust the story went down as 5Stars told it. No offense intended on his part, none taken by the recipient. Just having some fun together at no one's expense. It's not unbelievable. I don't understand why some here not only doubt but also condemn as if they KNOW it happened differently.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I trust the story went down as 5Stars told it. No offense intended on his part, none taken by the recipient. Just having some fun together at no one's expense. It's not unbelievable. I don't understand why some here not only doubt but also condemn as if they KNOW it happened differently.

I should have never posted this....

And, something similar happened again today...which I will not elaborate on! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.