Young possibly makes debut against Cowboys

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
There is one truth in the NFL these days ... nothing is automatic. With that being said you love to see rookie QB's that are making their 1st starts ... yum tastes like chocolate.

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
I was listening to John McClain this morning on 610AM in Houston. He said he spoke with Jeff Fisher, and Fisher said that Vince may start against the Texans. Not the Cowboys. Granted, he didn't state when he actually spoke with Fisher, but he called Mort a liar.

:lmao:

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
Tuna Helper said:
I was listening to John McClain this morning on 610AM in Houston. He said he spoke with Jeff Fisher, and Fisher said that Vince may start against the Texans. Not the Cowboys. Granted, he didn't state when he actually spoke with Fisher, but he called Mort a liar.

:lmao:

I heard the same thing. I don't listen to 610. but I did this AM to see what those homer fools had to say about the Texans getting hammered -- again.

:laugh2:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
BlueStar22 said:
Mort was just on Countdown and said there is a rumor in the front office that the Titans are going to give Collins this week to get it together or there will be a strong possibility that the Young era begins next week against us. Thoughts? Personally, I like Young and I'd hate for him to get his first start against us.

I seriously doubt it. If this came to fruition it would come from above Jeff Fisher. It would be absolutely stupid. Vince Young isnt ready to be an NFL QB. I see improvement in his game, but he needs more time and I think it would do more damage to his chances at becoming a real NFL QB if they force him into a starting job now.

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan said:
I heard the same thing. I don't listen to 610. but I did this AM to see what those homer fools had to say about the Texans getting hammered -- again.

I've been in Houston quite a bit lately, and the Texans talk is laughable. They still can't get past Reggie Bush vs. Mario Williams. They also stated that they shot themselves in the foot repeatedly on Sunday to lose the game vs. the Skins.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Tuna Helper said:
I've been in Houston quite a bit lately, and the Texans talk is laughable. They still can't get past Reggie Bush vs. Mario Williams. They also stated that they shot themselves in the foot repeatedly on Sunday to lose the game vs. the Skins.

Giving up over 200 yards rushing is not shooting yourself in the foot. it is poor play:laugh2:

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Giving up over 200 yards rushing is not shooting yourself in the foot. it is poor play:laugh2:

Add 22 straight completions by 36 year old Mark Brunell, and that is definitely salt on the wound.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Tuna Helper said:
Add 22 straight completions by 36 year old Mark Brunell, and that is definitely salt on the wound.

That was going to be a given when a team can run the ball at will. If you can dominate a team on the ground it makes throwing the ball so much easier because the defender freezes every time you show play-action. Add to that the majority of the passes where high percentage throws.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Screw The Hall said:
There is one truth in the NFL these days ... nothing is automatic. With that being said you love to see rookie QB's that are making their 1st starts ... yum tastes like chocolate.

right, like when we faced David Carr

MC KAos

Reaction score
maybe yall should read my first post, where i clearly said i hope he doesnt start because im a vince young fan and i know if he starts we will clobber him. id rather clobber collins

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Tuna Helper said:

They will Never...Ever get over that.

HoustonSucks

Reaction score
It would be ridiculous to start him against us and then have Indy salivating in the wings. They need to wait until after their bye when they face the woeful Texans. Besides which, his first start against Houston - ah, the irony....