Your 2013 Dallas Cowboys

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I'm bored. Here is a prediction of how our team could look in 5 years. If you include a player who isn't currently a Cowboy make sure you mention how we got them. Try to be realistic but have fun. If you want to add your favorite non-Cowboy in free agency put them in there. Same goes for your favorite college players.

Ages in parenthesis are how old they would be in 2013.

OFFENSE
LT - Marcus McNeil (30) 2010 Free Agent signed from San Diego
LG - Robert Brewster (27)
C - Dan Wenger (26) 2011 1st round pick from Notre Dame
RG - Leonard Davis (35)
RT - Trent Williams (25) 2010 1st round pick from Oklahoma
TE - Jason Witten (31)
TE - Martellus Bennett (26)
WR - Miles Austin (28)
WR - Jacoby Ford (26) 2010 2nd round pick from Clemson
QB - Tony Romo (33)
RB - Felix Jones (26)

DEFENSE
DE - Kenrick Ellis (26) 2010 3rd round pick from Hampton
NT - Haloti Ngata (30) 2011 Free Agent signed from Baltimore
DE - Jay Ratliff (32)
OLB - Brandon Williams (25)
ILB - Chris Galipo (25) - 2012 1st round pick from USC
ILB - Jason Williams (28)
OLB - DeMarcus Ware (31)
CB - Mike Jenkins (28)
SS - Mike Hamlin (28)
FS - DeAngelo Smith (27)
CB - Orlando Scandrick (28)

I was tempted to put Taylor Mays at one of the safety positions but I don't see us finishing as one of the 10 worst teams this year.

You can use nfldraftscout to see what players will be available in the next few drafts. If you look up a player on rotoworld you can find their age and what year they become a free agent.

Comment on mine, post your own.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;2774807 said:
I'm bored. Here is a prediction of how our team could look in 5 years. If you include a player who isn't currently a Cowboy make sure you mention how we got them. Try to be realistic but have fun. If you want to add your favorite non-Cowboy in free agency put them in there. Same goes for your favorite college players.

Ages in parenthesis are how old they would be in 2013.

OFFENSE
LT - Marcus McNeil (30) 2010 Free Agent signed from San Diego
LG - Robert Brewster (27)
C - Dan Wenger (26) 2011 1st round pick from Notre Dame
RG - Leonard Davis (35)
RT - Trent Williams (25) 2010 1st round pick from Oklahoma
TE - Jason Witten (31)
TE - Martellus Bennett (26)
WR - Miles Austin (28)
WR - Jacoby Ford (26) 2010 2nd round pick from Clemson
QB - Tony Romo (33)
RB - Felix Jones (26)

DEFENSE
DE - Kenrick Ellis (26) 2010 3rd round pick from Hampton
NT - Haloti Ngata (30) 2011 Free Agent signed from Baltimore
DE - Jay Ratliff (32)
OLB - Brandon Williams (25)
ILB - Chris Galipo (25) - 2012 1st round pick from USC
ILB - Jason Williams (28)
OLB - DeMarcus Ware (31)
CB - Mike Jenkins (28)
SS - Mike Hamlin (28)
FS - DeAngelo Smith (27)
CB - Orlando Scandrick (28)

I was tempted to put Taylor Mays at one of the safety positions but I don't see us finishing as one of the 10 worst teams this year.

You can use nfldraftscout to see what players will be available in the next few drafts. If you look up a player on rotoworld you can find their age and what year they become a free agent.

Comment on mine, post your own.
if we finished that bad we would just move up and get a real safety in Eric Berry not that overrated workout warrior Taylor Mays. where is Roy Wi11iams?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
keep on badmouthing Taylor Mays. You will see...

I put Roy on there originally but he would be 32 and will have a giant cap hit. Playing the odds.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
McNeil would be great next year...another name you might want to add is Vince Wilfork next year FA too. Pats just drafted his identical twin this year in the second(Brace), so are they preparing on losing him to FA? Him and Mcneil would be my prize targets.

Quick question..do you know the details about the capped year? Would it be possible to grab McNeil and Vince? I know there's restrictions on how many FA's you can sign, but maybe we drafted 12 guys this year so we wouldn't have alot of glaring holes to fix next offseason season.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
If the year ends up being uncapped who knows what Jerry will do? He may release his inner George Steinbrenner and go crazy.

Some of our player's contracts have huge bumps in base salaries next year.. Romo, Barber, Bigg, Flozell, Newman, and Hamlin.. and some others have significant bumps..Colombo and Ratliff. We may be looking at some tough decisions. I know a lot of dead money falls off this year so maybe it will be wash.

Regarding Wilfork, we will have do something with the defensive line. 3 of our top 6 d-linemen (Spears, Hatcher, Bowen) will be free agents after this year. Signing a NT and moving Ratliff to DE may be an option.