Your 6 favorite players in the draft

JDSTAR

Reaction score
Regardless of the place their predicted to go in the draft, or position, or need; who are your 6 favorite players that you have watched or heard of.
Mine are:
1. D.J. Swearinger, S, South Carolina- If this guy was predicted to go in the 1st round, I'd still get him. More fun to watch than Mark Barron in college IMO.

2. Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU - his beast mode move after he makes a sack is awesome! It looks like its coming right from his core.

3. Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee - This guy is going to make a team very happy; his footage makes me happy. Those poor secondary players trying to chase him.

4. Da'rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech- The outcast. I find him to be a little Dezish.

5. Jonathan Cyprien, S, Florida International- His game film is fun to watch, but what people say about his Senior Bowl practices is even better. I could only find film of him against Florida Atlantic, but he was very good in the game. If we could come away with both Cyprien and Swearinger, I would be a pig in s@&$.

6. Joseph Randle, RB, OSU- I love watching this guy. Big, tough, and as far as I know, underrated.

Note: Ezekial Ansah could definitely replace Sam Montgomery on this list, but this guy has been widely talked about on these threads, and I'd rather leave him off of this particular list.

Who are your favorites?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Warmack, Short, Jones, Ogletree, Barner and Rambo.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
WR Quinton Patton
DT Brandon Williams
WR Marquise Goodwin
OT Terron Armstead
FS Bacarri Rambo
TE Jack Doyle

RS12

Reaction score
4. Da'rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech- The outcast. I find him to be a little Dezish.

Actually I have seen him compared to Julio Jones. Him getting kicked out of an SEC football school is a huge red flag though.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Fisher
Warmack
Cooper
Short
Warford
Richardson

JDSTAR

Reaction score
Yea, I could see that about Jones. Dez did get kicked out of school too, or at least the football program, albeit, under different circumstances.

tm1119

Reaction score
In no order....

Chance Warmack- Monster, Beast, ect... choose whatever adjective you want but the guy is incredible.
Sheldon Richardson- Love the athletic ability and versatility, very unique talent for a guy who plays on the interior of the line.
Alec Ogletree- Not going to find many guys with his athletic ability and range who can tackle as well as he can.
Stepfan Taylor- Just a hard nosed runner who rarely goes down on 1st contact.
DJ Swearinger- Hits like a linebacker and covers like a CB, whats not to like?
Gerald Hodges- Homer pick, but the kid tackles everything near him. Good wrap up tackler too, which is becoming rare today. Reminds me a lot of NaVorro Bowman to be honest.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
DT Shariff Floyd
OG Chance Warmack
OG Alvin Bailey
S Phillip Thomas
S Jonathon Cyprien
DE Ezekial Ansah

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
In no particular order:

Chance Warmack - Big, strong and brings the attitude the team needs. Will open lanes and defenders will be tired of him wearing them out by the 4th quarter. He will make DT's quit late in the game.
Matt Elam - Aggressive, tough, hard hitting and brings the attitude the team needs. When I look at Elam, I see a guy who is made to be a Kiffin safety.
Sherrif Floyd - Athletic as heck for a guy his size. Versatile with a great attitude.
Eddie Lacy - Strong, physical runner who makes defenders pay for bringing him down. Wears teams out but has wiggle for a big guy. Great feet and sets a tone on offense.
Jonathan Cyprien - Physical and athletic, you can bet WR's will want to know where he is when the ball is snapped. Tone setter on defense and will probably be excellent value in the late second or third round. Came out of nowhere, but his talent is so obvious that it didn't take long for him to pop on pro scouts radar.
Khaseem Green - Prototypical Kiffin WLB. Fast, aggressive, and a terrific tackler. An ex-safety, Green can cover as good as any LB in the NFL. Schiano is a great coach who knows talent... and Schiano loved Green. Will be a steal in the late second or third round.

revospeed

Reaction score
JDSTAR;4987714 said:
Yea, I could see that about Jones. Dez did get kicked out of school too, or at least the football program, albeit, under different circumstances.

Dez was never kicked out of any program or school. He was suspended by the NCAA for the majority of his junior season.

cowboysooner

Reaction score
Joseph Randle- the guy is underrated. Excellent vision. He is great catching the ball and is a natural receiver. Not sure he is as big or quite as fast as Murray but they are very similar.

Sheldon Richardson- He is just nasty. He can really get up the field.

Eric Fisher and Lane Johnson- Joeckel is great but these two guys probably pass protect almost as good as he does at half the draft points. Both are tall long guys that will not get beat by a speed rush. Both of them remind me of Nate Solder who is a pro bowl quality player after two years.

Shariff Floyd- Super young guy with the talent to dominate either tackle spot. Maximizing players like him are the best part about a 4 man line.

Jarvis Jones- I think he is a Von Miller starter kit. If by some miracle he is in range, we should move up to get him.

Arthur Brown- He can hit, cover and tackle.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JDSTAR;4987660 said:
Regardless of the place their predicted to go in the draft, or position, or need; who are your 6 favorite players that you have watched or heard of.
Mine are:
1. D.J. Swearinger, S, South Carolina- If this guy was predicted to go in the 1st round, I'd still get him. More fun to watch than Mark Barron in college IMO.

2. Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU - his beast mode move after he makes a sack is awesome! It looks like its coming right from his core.

3. Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee - This guy is going to make a team very happy; his footage makes me happy. Those poor secondary players trying to chase him.

5. Jonathan Cyprien, S, Florida International- His game film is fun to watch, but what people say about his Senior Bowl practices is even better. I could only find film of him against Florida Atlantic, but he was very good in the game. If we could come away with both Cyprien and Swearinger, I would be a pig in s@&$.

6. Joseph Randle, RB, OSU- I love watching this guy. Big, tough, and as far as I know, underrated.

Note: Ezekial Ansah could definitely replace Sam Montgomery on this list, but this guy has been widely talked about on these threads, and I'd rather leave him off of this particular list.

Who are your favorites?
Excellent list. I wouldn't be surprise if 3 years from now, that Cordarrelle Patterson is regarded as the best player from this draft.

Swearinger is my favorite player to watch.

Da'rick Rogers should be a terrific player for some team if he stays out of trouble.

How is it that the draft websites/analysts didn't appear to know Cyprien existed prior to the Senior Bowl?

Here is my list by round:

1st OG Jonathan Cooper
Of the OLinemen that have NFL size/strength, he is the quickest that I've seen. Quicker than most OTs.

2nd OG Dallas Thomas
Another very quick OLineman. He is just not quite as strong as Cooper.

3rd OC Khaled Holmes
Very solid OC. Despite reports to the contrary, he performed well while
blocking Star 1-on-1

4th OT Brennan Williams
Nothing flashy, but a solid player.

5th OT Terron Armstead
Held his own at both the Shrine Game and the Senior Bowl. Arm length is not great (33.5"), but good enough.

6th OT/OG Manase Foketi
Solid player. Graduated from K-State and then transferred to West Texas A&M. Not sure why.

7th/udfa OT Luke Marquardt
Very small college guy. Difficult to really evaluate against low level of competition. Defenders that play againt him appear to fear for their life.

Macnalty

Reaction score
Bjoern Werner DE
Star Lotulelei DT
Eric Fisher OT
Sheldon Richardson DT
Lane Johnson OT
Sharif Floyd DT
Barrett Jones OC G
Arthur Brown LB

Hope one of these falls to us I realize the first two are unlikely but who saw us up moving up last year.

cowboysooner

Reaction score
Macnalty;4988052 said:
Bjoern Werner DE
Star Lotulelei DT
Eric Fisher OT
Sheldon Richardson DT
Lane Johnson OT
Sharif Floyd DT
Barrett Jones OC G
Arthur Brown LB

Hope one of these falls to us I realize the first two are unlikely but who saw us up moving up last year.

Werner is probably my favorite player. He looks like a better Chris Long.

Questfor6

Reaction score
Chance Warmack
DeMontre Moore
Sheldon Richardson
Jonathan Franklin
Stedman Bailey
Phillip Thomas

robert70x7

Reaction score
Sheldon Richardson
Chance Warmack
Brandon Williams
Phillip Thomas
Larry Warford
Robbie Rouse

JBS

Reaction score
Floyd - dude doesn't get enough love

Warmack
Cyprien
Mingo
Jordan
A. Brown

Shinywalrus

Reaction score
Travis Frederick
Justin Hunter
Sheldon Richardson
Tyler Wilson
Melvin White
Chase Thomas

Boys122

Reaction score
My favorite six in this draft in no particular order.

Luke Joeckel

Damontre Moore

Star Lotulelei

Chance Warmack

Jonathan Cooper

Sheldon Richardson

Had to add a seventh, sorry Matt Elam