Your actual draft class for the Cowboys....

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's something that I think is fun but I've never been able to get much participation with it. Maybe it'll go over better at the zone.

You guys love to mock. Lord, do you love to mock. But we all do it with our own idea of who is available where. The problem with that is in the actual draft, the curveballs throw everything out of whack and you find yourself changing targets.

Well, that's where this thread comes in. Whenever the Cowboys make a pick this week, you make yours here. Doesn't have to be right when the pick is made. Just post your pick on your own time. For instance, the Cowboys traded down to 18 and selected Cordy Glenn. You would have taken Dre Kirkpatrick. Post it here. Since we can't edit past a few minutes, just keep adding to your class over the three days in another post. You're building your own actual 2012 Dallas Cowboys draft class. The decisions you would have made when we are on the clock.

This is great to look back on in a few years. Even greater if more than a handful of guys would participate.

If this thread dies, I'll just post mine in my signature.

I'd ask for a sticky, but I already have one and I don't want to get greedy.

a_minimalist

Reaction score
Yea, cool idea!...I'm def in.

Would it be easier to just make our own and post it in your thread when the draft is over?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I like it but I'd suggest waiting till the draft is over and just having everyone do their own redraft. Posting single names is just going to cause clutter and there will be no cohesion to the re-drafts.

couchscout

Reaction score
I'll play this game, I like it. I do something like this on my own already.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
TheCount;4527787 said:
I like it but I'd suggest waiting till the draft is over and just having everyone do their own redraft. Posting single names is just going to cause clutter and there will be no cohesion to the re-drafts.
Cluttered but fun. Maybe the final drafts can be marked by the poster with the word FINAL at the top?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Risen Star;4527753 said:
Here's something that I think is fun but I've never been able to get much participation with it. Maybe it'll go over better at the zone.

You guys love to mock. Lord, do you love to mock. But we all do it with our own idea of who is available where. The problem with that is in the actual draft, the curveballs throw everything out of whack and you find yourself changing targets.

Well, that's where this thread comes in. Whenever the Cowboys make a pick this week, you make yours here. Doesn't have to be right when the pick is made. Just post your pick on your own time. For instance, the Cowboys traded down to 18 and selected Cordy Glenn. You would have taken Dre Kirkpatrick. Post it here. Since we can't edit past a few minutes, just keep adding to your class over the three days in another post. You're building your own actual 2012 Dallas Cowboys draft class. The decisions you would have made when we are on the clock.

This is great to look back on in a few years. Even greater if more than a handful of guys would participate.

If this thread dies, I'll just post mine in my signature.

I'd ask for a sticky, but I already have one and I don't want to get greedy.
Eh, why not?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, the reason why I said make your pick when the Cowboys make theirs is so it's still fresh on your mind who was available at each pick.

Do it whatever way you want. Just post them in here, please. I love to look back on these things.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;4527814 said:
Eh, why not?

Thanks, man. Appreciate it. Please post yours too.

I'll start you off, David DeCastro.

Wait. I got more....Juron Criner. How's a Nick Foles treating you? :)

couchscout

Reaction score
So just to make sure I got this right, we are posting who WE would pick, not who we predict the Cowboys will pick....correct? So that's what makes it actually our own draft class?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
couchscout;4527855 said:
So just to make sure I got this right, we are posting who WE would pick, not who we predict the Cowboys will pick....correct? So that's what makes it actually our own draft class?

Yeah, you're the GM. You make the decision.

We all do it pre-draft in our mocks but now we actually get to see what is there for each pick. That changes things.