3) Rico Gathers TE
4) Ryan Switzer WR
5) Darius Jackson RB
6) Gavin Escobar TE
7) Doug Donley WR
8) Charles Tapper DE
9) Stephen McGee QB
10) Randall Williams WR

My biggest disappointment from this list was Alexander Wright. He did some good things such as kick returns for a TD, and he was FAST. I was sure he would be around a long time, as a second wideout or at least a third.

quickccc

Reaction score
My biggest disappointment from this list was Alexander Wright. He did some good things such as kick returns for a TD, and he was FAST. I was sure he would be around a long time, as a second wideout or at least a third.

he was a very fast straight liner only with very average hands and receiving skills. Scouts fell so in love with his astounding 40 time in workouts that they completely ignored the game tapes,
(if there were any worth seeing)
I cannot even remember what kind of football player Alexander was at Auburn.

And even as a mere straight liner, I cannot even remember very many go-fly routes on deep bombs from Aikman. He was so stiff looking when in routes.
His only and best contribution was as a straight liner kick off returner , including an KO return TD vs ATL.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
he was a very fast straight liner only with very average hands and receiving skills. Scouts fell so in love with his astounding 40 time in workouts that they completely ignored the game tapes,
(if there were any worth seeing)
I cannot even remember what kind of football player Alexander was at Auburn.

And even as a mere straight liner, I cannot even remember very many go-fly routes on deep bombs from Aikman. He was so stiff looking when in routes.
His only and best contribution was as a straight liner kick off returner , including an KO return TD vs ATL.

That sums it up perfectly. We've seen many times in the NFL that great speed isn't enough. Johnson may have been thinking that Wright would be another Bobby Hayes, but Hayes had great speed plus the other in characteristics that you speak of. He had great hands and was very elusive.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Roy “Horse Collar” Williams. Good rookie. Ok second year. Liability the rest of his career. I thought he was terrible.

Maybe he wasn’t a pet cat but he still stunk.

How about Darren Benson?We heard for years he was going to revolutionize the DT position. Guy never player. Matt Johnson was another one. The best athlete to never be healthy.
For me it was Jaylon Smith.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
That sums it up perfectly. We've seen many times in the NFL that great speed isn't enough. Johnson may have been thinking that Wright would be another Bobby Hayes, but Hayes had great speed plus the other in characteristics that you speak of. He had great hands and was very elusive.
Bobby Hayes had several gears at his disposal. Oh was fun to see.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Bobby Hayes had several gears at his disposal. Oh was fun to see.
If you watch some of his replay film it looks like the players chasing him are running in slow motion He could look at where the defenders were and adjust his path and off to the races nobody was even going to get to touch him even the defenders with a good angle on him