Your Answers To The Burning Questions and Confusing Endings in Movies & TV?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by timb2, Dec 20, 2018.

1. timb2

timb2 Well-Known Member

2,839 Messages
    6,176 Likes Received
    Did you know one of the Sleazestacks was a young Bill Laimbeer?

2. timb2

timb2 Well-Known Member

2,839 Messages
    6,176 Likes Received
    What happened to all the minority munchkins if "Oz The Powerful was the prequel to "The Wizard of Oz"? What happened? Did Hitler escape to Oz or something???

Also in "The Wizard of Oz" ,the Flying Monkeys caught Dorothy and Toto,but Toto escapes the castle and the guards try to get Toto but fail,but the Witch never sends out her Air Attack(The Flying Monkeys) to go retrieve Toto again. If the Witch sends them, she would have never had to worry about The Scarecrow,The Tinman,and The Lion finding the castle.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  3. Bizwah

Bizwah Well-Known Member

6,923 Messages
    1,715 Likes Received
    Yup...an uncle.

Yes, I did know Bill Laimbeer was in the show.

timb2 and Xelda like this.
  4. Xelda

Xelda Well-Known Member

2,461 Messages
    6,741 Likes Received
    THIS!!!! I need answers!!!!! Not that I want to kill roadrunners, but a steady stream of money to buy all those Acme products sounds pretty darned good.

5. JohnnyTheFox

JohnnyTheFox Achilleslastand

5,322 Messages
    6,979 Likes Received
    Yes, used to love that show.

timb2, daboyzruleperiod and Xelda like this.
  6. JohnnyTheFox

JohnnyTheFox Achilleslastand

5,322 Messages
    6,979 Likes Received

Gomer Pyle was meant to be a comedy and lighthearted, they didn't want to touch on any issues involved with warfare/the war.

Am a big fan of the Warriors, memory may be a bit cloudy on this but Fox wanted to be the war chief in Swan's place and was more trouble than he was worth. They wrote him out of the movie by killing him...…..Actually had to go look that up and here it is...

"Fox first appeared in the 1979 film The Warriors, in which he was portrayed by American actor Thomas G. Waites.[17] In the film's original script, Fox was one of the most prominent characters in the film, developing a romance with Mercy and leading The Warriors back to Coney Island while Swan was kidnapped by a rival gang. Waites and director Walter Hill often argued during production; this combined with Waites' lack of on-screen chemistry with Mercy's actor Deborah Van Valkenburgh, led to Waites leaving The Warriors during production. Waites was then replaced by an unknown stunt double, as the character of Fox was killed off; Fox's leading role and his romance with Mercy was relocated to the character of Swan, due to Swan's actor Michael Beck and Van Valkenburgh having good on-screen chemistry.[18] As a result of Waites leaving, he was not listed in the end credits of The Warriors"

7. HeavyBarrel

HeavyBarrel Well-Known Member

5,223 Messages
    4,370 Likes Received
    What the hell is Disney doing with Star Wars?

timb2, JohnnyTheFox and Xelda like this.
  8. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

12,587 Messages
    23,989 Likes Received
    He sure wasn't selling pelts. Maybe he got rich off YouTube videos?

Xelda likes this.
  9. Boom

Boom Just Dez It

1,064 Messages
    196 Likes Received
    The Shawshank guard was brutal and unchecked by his superior. He did it because he could. I don't recall if they said what the fat man was in for, but it was irrelevant.

They originally intended for Halloween to be an anthology of different horror movies and tried to start another story in Halloween 3. It confused moviegoers who associated it with Michael Myers, and they quickly dashed the idea, bringing back the Shape in subsequent films.

timb2 and Xelda like this.
  10. Boom

Boom Just Dez It

1,064 Messages
    196 Likes Received
    The ending is very ambiguous. It's been quite some time since I've seen it, but I remember coming away with the feeling that Bateman was insane and had done none of the murders. I believe the filmmakers were asked about it in an interview, where they stated they didn't mean to leave the ending so open ended...that in their mind he was a serial killer.

lothos05, timb2 and Xelda like this.
  11. timb2

timb2 Well-Known Member

2,839 Messages
    6,176 Likes Received
    Why in the movie "Dodgeball" does Average Joe's welcome back the Pirate Guy after he deserted them. They just made a load of money and he pulled an Antonio Brown on them. Why let him back in with Good Graces?? The Pirate Guy only came back when they won the Championship.

12. timb2

timb2 Well-Known Member

2,839 Messages
    6,176 Likes Received
    How come no one on "The Jeffersons" not notice that Lionel has changed? Is it a situation like George Foreman naming all his sons George?

13. timb2

timb2 Well-Known Member

2,839 Messages
    6,176 Likes Received
    Who on Gilligan's Island was hooking up with each other???

14. rynochop

rynochop Well-Known Member

6,366 Messages
    4,182 Likes Received
    Or Lloyd Braun on Seinfeld..weird how they can't make a minor character like that work. Can't imagine it would be about money

timb2 likes this.
  15. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

8,829 Messages
    10,369 Likes Received
    FloridaRob, timb2, BigStar and 2 others like this.
  16. SlammedZero

SlammedZero Well-Known Member

4,213 Messages
    9,196 Likes Received
    timb2 likes this.
  17. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

8,829 Messages
    10,369 Likes Received
    I thought so

timb2 likes this.
  18. BigStar