Your Best Burger!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ya see that ! behind the r? That's supposed to create excitement for your very own best burger. This is not about one you've eaten out but one that you prepare at home, one that any of us could re-create and claim we created it to all out friends. As, ya see, you're actually helping us endear ourselves more to out friends.

Mine is the Island Burger

Ground chuck hand made patties, weighing in at 6 oz. each, fresh ground pepper and Kosher salt
Brioche buns, I get the Euro ones at Whole Foods.
Chop up some fresh pineapple, add finely chopped jalapeno and marinate in a little Soy and fresh lime juice and Kosher salt.

Grill the burgers to whatever you like, I go for a little less than medium, if I have ground my own chuck.

About a minute before the burger is done, put grated fine extra sharp cheddar on and chopped scallions, green parts only, and dome it.
30 seconds before it is done, put the pineapple mix on and dome it again.
Grill the buns and when the marks appear, baste each side with the liquid from the pineapple mix.

This is not my everyday burger but when I am wanting something special, this is the go to because it has so many flavor elements to it and everything balances the sweetness of the pineapple.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Some people would say this is a waste and better to just eat it as a steak but i have had filet mignon burgers grilled very lightly on the very rare side which were unbelievable tasting. If you over cook/grill it, it's ruined.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
5 or 6 ozs. of good quality ground beef (blends are good) cooked medium on an open flame
raw onion, tomato, jalapenos, fried egg over easy (runny) and BACON!
topped with cheese, any one of the many
all on toasted, seedless, bun
I'm hungry

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
When I am in the mood for "my" gourmet burger.......I buy a few quality ribeyes and grind them myself, got to have some of that fat in it!

Buns vary from brioche to hawaiin, depends on the toppings. I usually like extra sharp swiss, bacon and A1 sauce. The A1 is also spread on the burgers while grilling to get that extra boost.

I don't have time for any of that rabbit food on my burgers, only lettuce or fried onions on that rare occasion if it is a hot day. There will never be a tomato or pickle on mine :grin:

A fried egg is a nice add-on as well and not of the runny variety either.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Marlowe's in Memphis has the best burger EVER.

The Elvis Burger....quarter pound beef,lettuce and tomato,,melted cheese,thick slice of ham,bacon and mayo.

BEST.
BURGER.
I EVER HAD.
EVER.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
1 pound ground bison.
1 pound breakfast sausage I use Owens hot.
1 pound ground sirloin.
1 pound chorizo.
1 tsp black pepper.
1 tbs Cajun seasoning( Slap ya mamma ).
2 tsp each of Worcestershire and soy sauce .
1/2 tsp each of onion and garlic powder.
1 tsp smokey paprika.
1 tsp mustard powder.
2 tsp Tiger sauce.
1/2 tsp dried basil.
1/2 tsp cumin.
2 oz tomato paste.
1 tsp Cavender's Greek seasoning.
20 crackers saltine powder them in a food processor. Ritz crackers are good also.
Place all of those ingredients in a container that has room to spare mix it all together or have a hot Asian nurse in a skimpy nurse uniform mix it for you.
This is actually my smoked meatloaf recipe but it makes great burger patties.
Make the patties what ever size you want.
I smoke or grill them but will also work in a frying pan.
If it looks kinda thin add more crackers.
Use what ever type buns cheese and toppings you prefer.
Or just make 1 big patty and smoke it for about 12 hours.
If you go the meatloaf route double everything.
And start it cooking on 1 of those pizza pans with holes in it until it firms up or you will have a mess. It is best to have 2 of them so you can turn it over.

Last edited:

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
1 pound ground bison.
1 pound breakfast sausage I use Owens hot.
1 pound ground sirloin.
1 pound chorizo.
1 tsp black pepper.
1 tbs Cajun seasoning( Slap ya mamma ).
2 tsp each of Worcestershire and soy sauce .
1/2 tsp each of onion and garlic powder.
1 tsp smokey paprika.
1 tsp mustard powder.
2 tsp Tiger sauce.
1/2 tsp dried basil.
1/2 tsp cumin.
2 oz tomato paste.
1 tsp Cavender's Greek seasoning.
20 crackers saltine powder them in a food processor. Ritz crackers are good also.
Place all of those ingredients in a container that has room to spare mix it all together or have a hot Asian nurse in a skimpy nurse uniform mix it for you.
This is actually my smoked meatloaf recipe but it makes great burger patties.
Make the patties what ever size you want.
I smoke or grill them but will also work in a frying pan.
If it looks kinda thin add more crackers.
Use what ever type buns cheese and toppings you prefer.
Or just make 1 big patty and smoke it for about 12 hours.
If you go the meatloaf route double everything.
And start it cooking on 1 of those pizza pans with holes in it until it firms up or you will have a mess. It is best to have 2 of them so you can turn it over.
I'll be right over!

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I personaly like thinner burgers with multiple patties.

I’ve seen some people use really lean beef. I like fatty beef. Maybe 70/30 or 80/20. Fat is where the flavor is.

So I’m gonna say my favorite burger is a half pound burger with 2-3 thin patties, cooked on a fairly high temp for 2 minutes each side. Fired preferably so the outside gets almost a crisp around the edges. Top with blue cheese, bacon, mayonnaise, lettuce and tomato. That’s my favorite burger. Nothing fancy.

rynochop

Reaction score
I use that70/30..on the rare side. Sear it in cast iron on each side then cover off the heat a few minutes with a little water. I do one mustard and one mayo with tomato and thin sliced red onion

Hardline

Reaction score
I make my cheeseburgers the traditional way with all the fixings.
medium rare cooked on a cast iron griddle
Only difference is i use onion rolls for buns and add guacamole and jalapeno slices.