Your best/worst could've been, should've been, would've been in Cowboys' history

jesusphreak

Reaction score
This is one of those losses which hurts so much because you can't help but to ask 'what if'. What if Romo hits one of the receivers that were open deep and the Cowboys win to advance to the NFC championship game? Then they are only 2 games from winning it all and anything can happen.

What if Jimmy doesn't leave after the 93 season? What if Drew Pearson breaks that tackle by the fingers minutes after "The Catch" and the Cowboys win the 1982 NFC Championship game? What if the 1967 NFL title game (Ice Bowl) isn't played in that ridiculous weather and the Cowboys win and advance to Super Bowl II?

So I'm asking you as fans, what are those plays, players, or teams that you wish that could've been different, and what do you think would have changed?

Big Dakota

Reaction score
What if Aikman, Irvin and Kevin Williams don't turn the ball over 3 times in the first quarter and the 49ers don't go up 21-0 with 7:33 left in the first quarter of the 94 NFCCG? We beat SF and then pound SD and win 4 SB's in a row and become what the Pats are getting set to become, LEGEND! My biggest "what if".

jesusphreak

Reaction score
Big Dakota;1905452 said:
What if Aikman, Irvin and KMart don't turn the ball over 3 times in the first quarter and the 49ers don't go up 21-0 with 7:33 left in the first quarter of the 94 NFCCG? We beat SF and then pound SD and win 4 SB's in a row and become what the Pats are getting set to become, LEGEND! My biggest "what if".

The Cowboys would be more than legendary at that point. 4 SBs in a row is something that will likely never be done (maybe decades and decades from now).

Then again, the Triplets always said that the '94 Championship Game was their best game, because it just showed that they never gave up. Irvin said after the game that he looked around that locker room and knew they would win the SB next year. If the Cowboys won it all in '94, maybe they wouldn't have had the desire to go out and win it again the next year. Maybe that '95 SB doesn't happen.

That's the fun part of these "what ifs". :)

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
The biggest "what if" for me is what if Jimmy had hung around another couple of years. Boy we missed him in '94 and even '95.

If Jerry and Jimmy would have had any sense they would have realized they had the greatest team in history in their hands and each one could have compromised a little with the other to make history.When we lost Jimmy we lost our psychological edge over the 49ers, (regardless of Deion signing with the 49ers.)

You can't tell me they both don't have regrets.