Your early top 10 Big Board for the Cowboys?

tm1119

Reaction score
Taking some draft position and team needs into account of course(No Luck/Kalil/RG3)....

1. Dre Kirkpatrick- Top CB in the draft for me after Claiborne who go in the top 5. Most likely wont be there, but its not completely impossible

2. Courtney Upshaw- Possible game changer on the other side of Ware. Again, not likely he falls

3. Whitney Mercilus- Another game changing rush LB opposite of Ware.

4. David Decastro- Could anchor the inside of our line for a long time to come

5. Alfonzo Denard- 3rd Best CB in the draft

6. Barrett Jones- Can play both OG and OT. Would be a nice athletic OG to anchor the line

7. Devon Still- Probably the best 3-4 DE in the draft.

8. Melvin Ingram- Another freakish OLB pass rusher

9. Vontaze Burfict- A lot of people have soured on him, but I still think he is a beast. Would be a nice addition to the run stopping game, even tho he can hold his own in coverage.

10. Janoris Jenkins- Character and size are ?'s, but his coverage skills are not to be questioned.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
tm1119;4341852 said:
Taking some draft position and team needs into account of course(No Luck/Kalil/RG3)....

1. Dre Kirkpatrick- Top CB in the draft for me after Claiborne who go in the top 5. Most likely wont be there, but its not completely impossible

2. Courtney Upshaw- Possible game changer on the other side of Ware. Again, not likely he falls

6. Barrett Jones- Can play both OG and OT. Would be a nice athletic OG to anchor the line

9. Vontaze Burfict- A lot of people have soured on him, but I still think he is a beast. Would be a nice addition to the run stopping game, even tho he can hold his own in coverage.

10. Janoris Jenkins- Character and size are ?'s, but his coverage skills are not to be questioned.

Good way to approach looking at the draft. Obviously, where we end up drafting in the 1st round really dictates who we can realistically target, but just taking a broad shot at it....

I've got these guys in the following order:

1. DeCastro....should instantly solidify the offensive line

2. Kirkpatrick....I'm higher on this guy than most guys. We need an influx of talent in the secondary with starter potential; I don't see Dennard as that type.

3. Melvin Ingram....I like Ingram, but I'm not as high on him as others. I do give him the edge over a guy like Upshaw because of his versatility.

4. Bruce Irvin....I'm a fan of his as a pass rusher. I think he's the best pass rushing OLB prospect in the draft. I believe he's more of a late 1st round consideration.

5. Devon Still....He has the size the Cowboys like at DE. Late 1st round is where these kind of guys end up (see: Cameron Heyward, Jared Odrick, Mohammed Wilkinson, et cetera).

6. I'm tired...

Marktui

Reaction score
OFFENSIVE LINE:
David DeCastro-G
Kevin Zeitler-G
Pete Konz-C

OLB
Bruce Irvin
Melvin Ingram
Ronell Lewis

Defensive Line
Dontari Poe
Jerel Worthy
Devon Still

CB
Dre Kirkpatrick
Janoris Jenkins
Morris Claiborne

Tight End
Coby Fleener
David Paulson

lwehlers

Reaction score
if the cowboys do not sign spencer then the best available olb passrusher is a must. free agency does not offer much help for us. decastro would be a great second choice. have him and nagy as the guards and kowalski as the center then the cowboys would have a great running game with murray next year.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
1. David DeCastro | OG | Stanford
2. Marvin Ingram | OLB | South Carolina
3. Dre Kirkpatrick | CB | Alabama
4. Dont'a Hightower | ILB | Alabama
5. Dontari Poe | NT | Memphis
6. Alfonzo Dennard | CB | Nebraska
7. Lamar Miller | RB | Miami
8. Janoris Jenkins | CB | North Alabama
9. Billy Winn | DE | Boise St
10. Fletcher Cox | DT(DE) | Mississippi St

tm1119

Reaction score
tm1119;4341852 said:

After looking into things a bit more I'm now realizing Mercilus isnt the player I thought he was. Most people are saying hes not a 3-4 guy.

I would take him out of the equation completely and bump everyone up 1 slot and put Fletcher Cox at #10. Cox is probably the 2nd best 3-4 end in the draft. Nick Perry, Cordy Glenn, Dont'a Hightower, and Mark Barron could all fit that #10 slot as well.

Bigdog

Reaction score
SDogo;4342053 said:
1. David DeCastro | OG | Stanford
2. Marvin Ingram | OLB | South Carolina
3. Dre Kirkpatrick | CB | Alabama
4. Dont'a Hightower | ILB | Alabama
5. Dontari Poe | NT | Memphis
6. Alfonzo Dennard | CB | Nebraska
7. Lamar Miller | RB | Miami
8. Janoris Jenkins | CB | North Alabama
9. Billy Winn | DE | Boise St
10. Fletcher Cox | DT(DE) | Mississippi St

that would be my order although I think I would put Jenkins at 6 and move Dennard up to 4. Don't get me wrong I like Hightower but I don't think ILB is pressing need as CB or interior line is.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
1.Melvin Ingram- My only concern with him is whether or not he has the elite first step to be an impact olb in the 3-4. Still like him for his tenacity/versatility/motor though.

2.Dontari Poe-Massive anchor in the middle, sorely needed by this defense. EVERY good 3-4 defense needs it's beast in the middle.

3.David Decastro-popular choice and I understand why. My problem is it's not a premium position, there are a few FA's who could be available and the Cowboys have a bunch of young prospects there who need to develop.

4.Bruce Irvin-Elite first step, great toughness...if I was sure he could play every down he might be number #1 on my list.

5.Janoris Jenkins-Has some issues with weed, but his talent is undeniable. Might be time for the Cowboys to take a chance if they think his issues are past him.

6.Almeda Ta'Amu-Not as high on him as Poe, because I think Poe is more dynamic, but Ta'Amu is strong as a bull and can anchor like nobody's business.

7.Courtney Upshaw-Not sure if he is a big upgrade on Spencer other than the fact he might be more consistent.

8.Alfonzo Dennard-I like his toughness and if drafted I would hope a new DB coach would also be added as I am afraid of what will come of him should Campo get his hands on him. Kid is a little rough around the edges.

9.Brandon Washington-Very versatile and will improve once he is given a single position to focus on. I like his toughness, mean streak and athletic talent. I think he is poised to climb draft boards.

10.Devon Still-This guy gives me the creeps, not sure reason why other than he might be a little lazy for my taste. He does have the physical traits to be a great 3-4 end.