Your fave game moment?

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
One that always comes to mind for me when I think of great moments as a Cowboys fan happened in 1992, but it wasn’t even a play. It was a comment at halftime of the 1992 Super Bowl.

Dallas had run roughshod over the NFL in 1992, including the forty-niners in the NFC Championship game. The Cowboys were clearly a great team, but they still had to finish off a very good Buffalo team in the second half. The Bills had completed the biggest comeback in playoff history a week earlier against the Houston Oilers and had the ability to score points in bunches.

When Jimmy came out from halftime, one of the sideline reporters asked him if he was worried that the Bills might come back in the second half just like they did against the Oilers. Johnson, at the peak of coaching prowess, looked at the reporter with a flat stare and said just three words:

“We’re not Houston.”

With that he left the reporter, and led the Cowboys to the most lopsided win in Super Bowl history.

As a Cowboys fan, it was the pinnacle for me. They left no doubt that they were the best team in football just 3 years after suffering through a 1-15 season where they were the NFL laughing stock. They were brash, cocky, and extremely good. Nothing epitomized that better than Jimmy’s three words.

D4KADON

Reaction score
I’m 35 years old so keep in mind I was just a baby when we were winning these Super Bowls but this is the one for me because I was there and I genuinely believed this was the year they were going to win it all and I still believe they would have

mrmojo

Reaction score
One that always comes to mind for me when I think of great moments as a Cowboys fan happened in 1992, but it wasn’t even a play. It was a comment at halftime of the 1992 Super Bowl.

Dallas had run roughshod over the NFL in 1992, including the forty-niners in the NFC Championship game. The Cowboys were clearly a great team, but they still had to finish off a very good Buffalo team in the second half. The Bills had completed the biggest comeback in playoff history a week earlier against the Houston Oilers and had the ability to score points in bunches.

When Jimmy came out from halftime, one of the sideline reporters asked him if he was worried that the Bills might come back in the second half just like they did against the Oilers. Johnson, at the peak of coaching prowess, looked at the reporter with a flat stare and said just three words:

“We’re not Houston.”

With that he left the reporter, and led the Cowboys to the most lopsided win in Super Bowl history.

As a Cowboys fan, it was the pinnacle for me. They left no doubt that they were the best team in football just 3 years after suffering through a 1-15 season where they were the NFL laughing stock. They were brash, cocky, and extremely good. Nothing epitomized that better than Jimmy’s three words.
Todd Christensen was the reporter i believe. Jimmy at his best....loved him.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Still bummed the Cowboys couldn't pull out this win for him............................but still an amazing moment.

BTW, he is my GOAT and I will die on that hill.