Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Angels in the Endzone
Facing the Giants
Little Giants
Remember the Titans
Heaven Can Wait (1978)
That last one had one of my favorite all time lines, delivered by the great Jack Warden. "You've been playing with a bunch of butlers".

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
•North Dallas Forty
•Brian's Song
•All The Right Moves
•The Program
•The Replacements
•Longest Yard(Burt Reynolds)
•Necessary Roughness
•Rudy
•Remember The Titans
•The Last Boy Scout
•Semi Tough
•Wild Cats
•What Price Victory
Alright now, this is a foul according to Bruce Willis who is on record that "Die Hard" is NOT a Christmas movie so "Last Boy Scout" gets a demerit. BTW, I am far more lenient than he is and I disagree with him. "Die Hard, 2" and "Lethal Weapon" are must watch Christmas movies.

morasp

Reaction score
That last one had one of my favorite all time lines, delivered by the great Jack Warden. "You've been playing with a bunch of butlers".
That was hilarious, I forgot that one. It's been long enough that it's time to watch it again.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Alright now, this is a foul according to Bruce Willis who is on record that "Die Hard" is NOT a Christmas movie so "Last Boy Scout" gets a demerit. BTW, I am far more lenient than he is and I disagree with him. "Die Hard, 2" and "Lethal Weapon" are must watch Christmas movies.
on the contrary....best list assembled to date.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I break it down. I will start the high school movies this week, then college kicks in the following week and then the week of Labor Day, the pro movies.

High School
Remember the Titans
Friday Night Lights
When the Game Stands Tall
The Gridiron Gang
Radio
Varsity Blues
Touchback

College
The Program
The Express
We Are Marshall
Necessary Roughness
Rudy
The 5th Quarter

Pros
North Dallas Forty
Semi Tough
The Replacements
Any Given Sunday
The Longest Yard

Did I miss any that I need to add? I am a nut for sports movies, they're inspirational.
Heckuva list.

I'd personally add Invincible and Brian's Song too.

On a side note
Some Trivia on Remember the Titans...a movie that I loved but had a huge number of Hollywood fabrications to the "true story"
--the high school in the film and entire conference had already been integrated years before that season...so all that was fabricated
--There was no Virginia Football HOF at the time, so that story line was made up.
--Bertier's car accident was after the season was over, not before the State title game
--no banana incident and no refs throwing the game ever happened...all made up
--no 3am run to Gettyburg battle field
--etc, etc
Still a great movie

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Heckuva list.

On a side note
Some Trivia on Remember the Titans...a movie that I loved but had a huge number of Hollywood fabrications to the "true story"
--the high school in the film and entire conference had already been integrated years before that season...so all that was fabricated
--There was no Virginia Football HOF at the time, so that story line was made up.
--Bertier's car accident was after the season was over, not before the State title game
--etc, etc
Still a great movie
Not anymore, I will never enjoy it again and I feel so...….used. Yep, all of that "based on a true story" because truth can be boring.

quickccc

Reaction score
Heckuva list.

On a side note
--etc, etc
Still a great movie

I would think there is going to be some switches and add on with several supposed " based on a true story " movies to add more intrigue and appeal to that movie.
It's not to say everything in that movie or other 'based on true ' was/will accurate and true.

"Friday Night Lights " is the one I had to google and Wikipedia and read up on more because I was so confused (and admittedly still am ..lol)
about the Texas state high school playoff system, that back in those days under certain circumstances actually came down to a mere coin flip to which team gets this
or that chance to play for a playoff berth (unbelievable !)

quickccc

Reaction score
Does concussion count as a football movie?

I would think so because it's entirety was all based upon the serious injury based off playing the game of football and the accusation of conspiracy of the NFL to cover up
the extremity of those injuries - especially post- football life.

Plus this is also a based on true story " that involved true to life players (ala duerson webster, waters) whose death were based and contributed to these deadly CTE conditions.
it was more discussion and political legality than football action. But it was a unique approach than the average football movie, imo.