Your favorite prospect has smoked weed

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
Impulse control is not addiction. Could it lead to addictive behavior? Absolutely.

I'm not sure anyone has ever said poor decisions are an indicator of intelligence so I'm not sure why you are so interested is disconnecting stupidity from intelligence. Stupid decisions can be isolated events.

We can't chalk it up to stupidity because that's not accurate enough, but playing the role of armchair psychiatrist and proposing all sorts of alternatives is?

Not that any of this matters because I don't think many people have some deep seated hatred for weed. I certainly don't care but that doesn't mean I won't take a position against drafting these known users. The NFL is not going to change it's policy until US law changes. Until that time, players will continue to be suspended for weed.

If my favorite prospect smokes weed and never tests positive, more power to him. Doesn't bother me one bit because he's not going to be suspended. Furthermore, whether or not my favorite prospect actually smokes weed is irrelevant because the tests say he doesn't, and the test results are the determining factor as to whether or not a guy will be available on Sunday.

When people are arguing against a player for weed, they're more than like just arguing against a player who can't pass the test. I know that's where I am at.

I don't want to draft a player who might not be able to pass a test either. That's not my point. I don't want to draft someone who is addicted to canibus; that's not my point.

I'm not really interested in arguing about it. As I said: If you want to call counterproductive behavior stupid, have at it. Unless it's an indicator of a person's intelligence, I think that's the wrong term to use. Go Cowboys.

jimmy40

Reaction score
I don't care if my favorite prospect smoked weed but I do care if my favorite prospect is too freaking stupid to pass a drug test that he knows is coming.

Califan007

Reaction score
Depends...did he post a video of him inhaling the stuff with a gas mask on his twitter account?

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Yeah but some don't inhale like ole Bill for instance...:rolleyes:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Only an idiot would smoke weed with millions of dollars on the line.

Period.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
. All NFL drug tests for the players not in the program take place at the same time every year. They call it the idiot test for a reason - you can smoke to your hearts content for 11 months, and just have to get off it for one month to pass your one test, then go back to smoking.

Really why even bother testing for Marijuana at all then. Makes about as much sense as the fictitious "War on Drugs" perpetrated on the American public.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Makes about as much sense as the fictitious "War on Drugs" perpetrated on the American public.

image_d0009384.png

back it up, back it up, back it up.

Don Corleone

Reaction score

I know a former Giants player (will not call out names here) that used to drive LT to home games. Said LT used to snort before games in this guy's car. He used to start even earlier for MNF games. In some ways, his relentless motor was coke induced.