3e0307918b9854f2edf489511c50749e.jpg

74695d6bed700104e4ee2857b0ecec1a.jpg

c4bc781e9bad264cb8e6be39debac1eb.jpg

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Glad Dog Soldiers is listed. I think that is a really good movie for the genre that many have never heard about.

The Howling was so cool back in the day but it does not hold up as well. I think between that and American Werewolf in London were the two coolest turning scenes for werewolves. As a whole American Werewolf holds up much better.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Glad Dog Soldiers is listed. I think that is a really good movie for the genre that many have never heard about.

The Howling was so cool back in the day but it does not hold up as well. I think between that and American Werewolf in London were the two coolest turning scenes for werewolves. As a whole American Werewolf holds up much better.

"Dog Soldiers" is a very good movie. Another one of those that probably didn't get the props it deserved when it was released.

Agree on "The Howling". The story is good, but no it did not hold up well. I'm not sure why "American Werewolf in London" holds up so well, but it does.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even though it was one of the first in the genre and was done 80 years ago, I think the 1941 "The Wolf Man" starring Lon Chaney Jr. is a terrific film. It's a very good story and set the tone for the "troubled soul" who turns into an animal when there is a full moon and kills humans.

The atmosphere of the movie is fantastic.

terra

Reaction score
There were werewolves in that? huh. I guess I must have been too focused on Kate to pay attention to anything else. :laugh:
Kate Beckinsale in a skin tight cat suit would make most guys completely oblivious to the end of the world.

quickccc

Reaction score
"Dog Soldiers" is a very good movie. Another one of those that probably didn't get the props it deserved when it was released.

Agree on "The Howling". The story is good, but no it did not hold up well. I'm not sure why "American Werewolf in London" holds up so well, but it does.

Dog Soldiers
American Werewolf in London
The Howling

American Werewolf in London - introduced and set the stage for the lycanthropes " look. shapes and sizes - and it also introduced jump scare and special effects creepy makeup that we were not beholding in other previous werewolf movies - in fact much werewolf movies were really " wolf-man" movies, they did not present the "caninine" and real caninne dog face that we're seeing with the Howling.
in fact it seems nowadays werewolf movies sometimes refer back to more pure dog body and look than werewolf .. ala Twilight Saga series ... and True Blood series

Adding the " Ghost" image of after-dead slaughtered friend Jack Goodman that's trying to consult and convince his now werewolf friend David, was a great touch and another element you don't see elsewhere in other horror movies And one could argue that " Ghost" element lead to ideas in Pet Cemetery as well.

Then came The Howling, based off the lycanthropes- look and transformation that took place in AWIL, ..

And eventually Dog Soldiers " one of my cult favorites, and one that was a hidden gem .. i often compare Dog Soldiers in how it began so low talked about but once walking legs and word of mouth prevail, it flat became an utter cult classic, the pack of vicious werewolves going after well armed military soldiers was simple, but the showdown thoughts and survival strategics and of course the CGI werewolf special effects & cinematogatory is what further makes it stand out

aa2160217db206f55d507b0859728408.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIN9QDp9mKI0Q3yfSkt_qq-bmQfBFnsaJZyg&usqp=CAU

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3eEmk_zZ-siuMw7MgVXf0KK7koPYy8Gb_RQ&usqp=CAU

dog-soldiers-werewolf.jpg

nobody

Reaction score
Kate yes, the CGI werewolves? Not so much. Might as well used the werewolf from Harry Potter. Wile E. Coyote on roids.

The transformation scene in The Howling was really good.

Wait, Kate was in the movie and you paid attention to the Werewolves!?

Last edited: