Your Happy Place

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
Two part question,

A) What is the best/nicest place you have ever been, outside of the country you live in?

B) What place that you have never visited, outside of your home country, most appeals to you as a destination to visit in the future?

Last edited:

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
Never been outside the United States.
Probably Switzerland or Japan.
I read years ago an article that stated that 'X percent' of Americans don't even have a passport. I can't remember the exact percentage but it was a surprisingly high number. I wondered if over the years that had changed or not. That, along with travel becoming more possible again, was what made me ask these questions.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
This looks amazing, under the sea is another world entirely. Can't even swim myself sadly.
It was 150.00 a piece and there was 5 of us. They served us drinks and made conch salad for us when we returned.

those guy were good natured and funny as hell. I would do it again easy.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
I guess I should have given my opinions in the OP.

My favourite destination over the years has always been Holland. Such a chilled out, welcoming place.

Japan intrigues me for being a totally different way of life and Fiji looks beautiful. I hope to visit both one day.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I read years ago an article that stated that 'X percent' of Americans don't even have a passport. I can't remember the exact percentage but it was a surprisingly high number. I wondered if over the years that had changed or not. That, along with travel becoming more possible again, was what made me ask these questions.
I don't have one. We live in a country that has so much to see, I don't really see much need to leave. If I were to travel to a different country though, I'd be interested in New Zealand, Kenya, Australia, maybe Peru, to see Machu Picchu...or all the Asian women countries...I mean, all the Asian countries.

Hardline

Reaction score
Cozumel Mexico(scuba)
Yucatan peninsula (cave diving,Mayan ruins)
b87915962d6ba84a9059ae038b4fea01.jpg

e04f80a9b2cb79b5a5c0a3b9dacaf58c.jpg

What I want to do now is go to Great Britain and tour the castles and cathedrals.

Last edited:

Big_D

Reaction score
Would like to go to pig beach in the Bahamas! :)

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I get why so many Americans don't have passports. I can drive 600 miles and I'm still in the USA. You drive 600 miles in Europe you're going to go through a few countries. Most countries in the world are like that.

I've been to a lot of countries in Europe and a couple of countries in Africa and Asia. The local culture is always an eye opener and a good experience. For me however, the beauty of this country is amazing. I've been to every state in the union and each one has something to offer. The deserts out west and the mountain ranges we have are breathtaking. Seeing the Grand Canyon is mind-blowing. Hawaii lives up to its reputation. If Alaska didn't have the long winters I would relocate in a heartbeat.

About the only country I would still want to visit is Australia. It's more of being around the people kind of thing. They seem like really good people I could have a good time with.