Your Honest Opinion on Skins Vs Seahawks?

Stryker44

Reaction score
Alot of prognosticators seem to think that the Commanders will get crushed this week, even at home. Do you agree or disagree, if so, why?

Of course as a Skins fan I disagree, but I am biased on this issue...as are obvious Seattle fans.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Even before Dallas played Washington, I was thinking to myself that, as a football fan, a Washington/Seattle game would be much more entertaining than a Dallas/Seattle game. Of course, as a Dallas fan you want Dallas to be in that game, but as a football fan you have to admit this game will be fun to watch. It'll almost be like a college game at the NFL level.

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
The biggest issue may be RGIII's health. If he's as banged up as he was last week, the Seattle D will likely have more opportunity to get to him. The Seattle D is healthy and they will have both of their large CB's back. Both teams can run the ball and the Hawks have been scoring of late. I give the edge to Seattle, despite the fact that it's a road game, but in the playoffs, anything can happen.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Anything can happen.

As long as the Skins lose all will be well in the world! :skins: :suxskins:

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Not really a good matchup for the Commanders, who's offense is built on the running game (and who's passing game is built on the play action pass off the running game). The Seahawks basically play 3 defensive tackles between Alan Branch, Red Bryant and Melton. On top of that, they can drop down a 230+ lbs. strong safety Kam Chancellor into the box, and still single cover your WRs with their CBs and Earl Thomas playing center field. You miss Fred Davis or any TE who can attack the seams in this game. This isn't even counting the fact that RG3 isn't the same threat with his feet after the knee injury.

The good news for you is I don't believe Seattle's offense blow out you D on the road, so it's perfectly possible that the game could come down to a critical turnover or lucky bounce at the end of the game.

Stryker44

Reaction score
Thanks for the opinions. I have come to like and respect this board - which is one reason I stayed away for a few days after this past Sunday. I know you all hate the Skins, but I really did enjoy the good discussion here leading into that game, and think your defense will be a force again next season.

Hoov

Reaction score
I think seattle will win, actually picked them to make it to NFC championship and beat Atlanta in the playoff prediction thread. Anything can happen though.

Hoov

Reaction score
Im actually disappointed they play each other right away because i would like to see what both teams could do as far as advancing against the other competition.

I think that seattle and washington would both make it past the first round if they didnt play each other.

dwmyers

Reaction score
Stryker44;4941033 said:
Alot of prognosticators seem to think that the Commanders will get crushed this week, even at home. Do you agree or disagree, if so, why?

Of course as a Skins fan I disagree, but I am biased on this issue...as are obvious Seattle fans.

I posted my odds for this game on my blog, and my prediction matches that of Brian Burke. The odds my system calculate are a 48% chance of the Skins winning, which pretty much means it's a pick 'em game.

Understand, that Seattle is 3-5 away from home, and 8-0 at home.

D-

Aven8

Reaction score
Don't kill me, but I actually think Skins win and make it to the championship game. That is a hot bunch, and getting more confident with every win.

Defense coming together forcing TO's, strong running game, and RG3. Good coaching as well. Don't be surprised.

Fastphilly

Reaction score
As much as it pains me to say this I think Seattle takes it. Both teams are fairly equal. The only advantage on Seattle's part is their pass defence which Washington severely lacks in.

Shunpike

Reaction score
Don't understand the love for Seattle. They lost 5 road games this year and won Packers game with the help of refs. They are basically a 9-7 team and they will be playing on the road.

Skins will crush them easily. RG3 is getting healthier and Morris is a stud RB.

KLJ

Reaction score
Stryker44;4941033 said:
Alot of prognosticators seem to think that the Commanders will get crushed this week, even at home.

could you please list those that "think that the Commanders will get crushed"?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Stryker44;4941033 said:

If any coach in the NFL knows how to stop that offense of yours it is Pete Carroll who had to stop Oregon and Oregon State while he was at USC.

I think Justin Wilson is the forgotten great rookie QB and Marshawn Lynch is as good as Morris.

Therefore it comes down to Defense, and I just think theirs is a lot better than yours.

388 points allowed vs. 245.

They scored 412 points to your 436.

Yes, I think they will beat you.

visionary

Reaction score
The Seahawks will beat you guys up

As Hos said, Pete Carroll has faced this offense many times

Would not be surprised in Bob the 3rd does not finish the game

Stryker44

Reaction score
Hostile;4941441 said:
If any coach in the NFL knows how to stop that offense of yours it is Pete Carroll who had to stop Oregon and Oregon State while he was at USC.

I think Justin Wilson is the forgotten great rookie QB and Marshawn Lynch is as good as Morris.

Therefore it comes down to Defense, and I just think theirs is a lot better than yours.

388 points allowed vs. 245.

They scored 412 points to your 436.

Yes, I think they will beat you.

Our offense does go beyond the read option though. We put up 450 yards on them with Rex Grossman last year on their field. I'm interested to see the Shanahan-Carroll chess match here.

As for points allowed, we play you guys and the Giants twice a season...and the Eagles until recently weren't slouches in terms of putting up points either. What high-octane offenses does Seattle have to stop in their division? Nonetheless, point taken.

SkinsFan28

Reaction score
For what it's worth, which is probably nothing, Carroll is 0-3 in road playoff games.

I don't know that we will win, but I would be surprised if the game weren't "in our grasp" in the last 2 minutes.

Stryker44

Reaction score
Hoov;4941175 said:
Im actually disappointed they play each other right away because i would like to see what both teams could do as far as advancing against the other competition.

I think that seattle and washington would both make it past the first round if they didnt play each other.

If they do beat us - I want them to go all the way. If my team is gonna go down I want it to be to a team that eventually takes the Super Bowl rather than someone that gets embarrassed the next round.

I think they'd have a tough time beating Atlanta in Atlanta though - 2 east coast trips back to back. They'd be better served if Minnesota won so they could play SF again.

Hoov

Reaction score
Stryker44;4941673 said:
If they do beat us - I want them to go all the way. If my team is gonna go down I want it to be to a team that eventually takes the Super Bowl rather than someone that gets embarrassed the next round.

I think they'd have a tough time beating Atlanta in Atlanta though - 2 east coast trips back to back. They'd be better served if Minnesota won so they could play SF again.
Atlanta is at home and will be tough to beat there, Im just a sucker for an underdog and i like the physical style of play that seattle brings.

If washington wins against seattle, i'll probably route for them to advance. Why ? Beacuse they have an intersting team, do some things that other teams dont and i just think its more exciting than the game that minnesota or atlanta play. I do like this particular 49ers team too but im not sold on their QB.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
I think Seattle wins pretty handily as they have a solid defense, a qb who can make plays but who will not hand the opposing team the game, and a running game to wear down their opponent's morale.