Your ideal gameplan???

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
So we know Pitt has a great defense blah blah.

Question is, how would you attack it?

They are great at stopping the run AND the pass. Do you run the ball at the risk of facing 3rd and longs in order to create balance to open things up later in the passing game?

Or do you pass early and risk going 3 and out and facing sacks and interceptions, since their defense is so hard to run on?

Personally, if Barber is anything less than 80% , I want us to use the short passing game, out of two TE set to keep them guessing. The emergence of Bennett is huge as it makes our two TE sets that much more deadly and keeps the defense guessing.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
spread em out let it fly. Run draws and stuff. Slants to TO and RW and Witten singled up on Troy = advantage us.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With MB3 limited, attack with the short passing game. Nickle and dime stuff. Pick and choose your shot deep. We have enough weapons to win these type of games if we have to.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2462417 said:
spread em out let it fly. Run draws and stuff. Slants to TO and RW and Witten singled up on Troy = advantage us.

I dont know about that. Polamalu is probably the only safety in the league who can man up on Witten. The guy is an absolute stud back there. Can hit line a linebacker and cover like a corner.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2462424 said:
I dont know about that. Polamalu is probably the only safety in the league who can man up on Witten. The guy is an absolute stud back there. Can hit line a linebacker and cover like a corner.

No, he will get abused and then tossed out the window.

DTK

Reaction score
I've said this before and I'll mention it again, but I'd like to see us attack them with the run by using an unbalanced line. Go 2 TE's but pull Davis over beside Flo and leave the other TE over by Columbo. Then run it right down there throats. That's if MBIII can go. If not, just get in shotgun and let Romo work.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I would like us to us a 2 TE set all day long and that way it will minimize how many they can rush. If they want to rush 7 or 6 I like our chances with Witten, Martellus and Roy man to man.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
i say we have Barber in on one play...and let him punch harrison in the mouth and set the tone for the offense that we wont be backing down

DarylJohnston

Reaction score
Let's go 2 TEs, Barber/Choice, and RW and TO.

Then let Romo hit them with dinks and dunks - 4 yards here and 5 yards there.

Also, roll Romo out a lot.

And run the ball right at them with 2 TEs.

I'd keep two TEs on the field just about every play. When we need Cricket in there, take RW off the field.

Let's even go two TEs and 3 wides without an RB in the game. Obviously they'll know it's a pass but it will work for a few plays and give us a chance to protect well IF Barber can't go.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
If I were the coach I would call a "38 special blow".

At the snap of the ball all the linemen pull out a 38 special and start shooting!

CarlJohnson

Reaction score
I dont care how but we have to jump on them early. If we get a lead early, and they have to put the game in big bens hands to win, i love our chances of him throwing a pick or two. They are a different team when they are ahead. They can just run the ball and ben can just dink and dunk. IMO we should come out passing, i just dont feel that we can run on them successfully. But whatever happens, Sunday cant get here fast enough.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Our strength is the passing game. We will live and die by it. We will pass it early and often.

Forget the run

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2462689 said:
Our strength is the passing game. We will live and die by it. We will pass it early and often.

Forget the run

Worked out pretty well the first time we played the Commanders :rolleyes:

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2462689 said:

Forget the run

I agree - let Romo stretch that un-splinted pinkie a little! I really have a feeling our D is going to step up big in this game -- we get 20 points, we win IMO.

No reason to get them and the crowd all amped up by getting stuffed on a few meaningless runs early. Spread them out and once we have them back on their heels, start feeding the rock to Tashard the Barbarian.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Hopefully some how, some way, we're able to impose our will in the running game and rather it be Barber, or Choice, or a sweet combination of both we're able to run for about 130-140 yards on the ground and grind out a big time W this weekend. That would be perfect to me.

MONT17

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2462414 said:
So we know Pitt has a great defense blah blah.

Question is, how would you attack it?

They are great at stopping the run AND the pass. Do you run the ball at the risk of facing 3rd and longs in order to create balance to open things up later in the passing game?

Or do you pass early and risk going 3 and out and facing sacks and interceptions, since their defense is so hard to run on?

Personally, if Barber is anything less than 80% , I want us to use the short passing game, out of two TE set to keep them guessing. The emergence of Bennett is huge as it makes our two TE sets that much more deadly and keeps the defense guessing.

if i were Red jesus i would do what we do best... short passing is not it! this team has led the league with plays of 20 or more for the past 2yrs... Owens fans wonder why we dont run the slant... he cant catch!

Throw the ball down field... the job of the qb according to the great Bill Walsh is to avoid and throw, right now Romo is one of the best at that concept.

Jimmy Johnson always said when u fight a gorrilla u dont ever hit him lightly!!!

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
When the wind is at our backs, and if they rush four guys, like they love to do, it will be bombs away.

Look for the delayed draw on third down, even if it's 3rd and 7 or 8. How do you attack a great rush defense? You run it when they least expect it.

My ideal gameplan would be to run Barber 30 times and destroy them, like we did to the Packers.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
41gy#;2463136 said:
When the wind is at our backs, and if they rush four guys, like they love to do, it will be bombs away.

With Romo as our QB, the wind is always at our backs.

He is the wind beneath my wings.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
MONT17;2463113 said:
if i were Red jesus i would do what we do best... short passing is not it! this team has led the league with plays of 20 or more for the past 2yrs... Owens fans wonder why we dont run the slant... he cant catch!

Throw the ball down field... the job of the qb according to the great Bill Walsh is to avoid and throw, right now Romo is one of the best at that concept.

Jimmy Johnson always said when u fight a gorrilla u dont ever hit him lightly!!!

Everything I've read calls for wind and snow/rain. I do not want a gameplan that focuses on the vertical passing game in those conditions. Just my opinion