Your "Off the Beaten Path" Ranking

CowboysLaw87

Reaction score
Do you have a guy you like at a certain position so much that you'd take him above a "consensus" higher rated player at the same position? For example, a few of mine...

Jimmie Ward and Terrence Brooks > Calvin Pryor

Billy Turner and Trai Turner > Gabe Jackson

Sydla

Reaction score
Do you have a guy you like at a certain position so much that you'd take him above a "consensus" higher rated player at the same position? For example, a few of mine...

Tuitt over Jernigan

Crichton over Ealy

Although I guess neither of those are huge stretches.

tm1119

Reaction score
I dont think either of yours are very "off th beaten path"....for the cowboys at least. I agree with both.

I think both Lawrence and Ford are overrated so I would draft Ealy, Attaochu, Crichton, Murphy, Kareem Martin, Marcus Smith, and Chris Smith before I drafted either. How's that for ya?

Sydla

Reaction score
I hate Ealy. But other than that, I am in agreeance. I really would like to see what Marinelli could do with the freak from GTech.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yes, the Turners over Jackson and some others would be my top choice.

Ward over Pryor and Dix.

Ken Bishop > Jernigan

Justin Ellis > Nix

Easley > All DTs (if not for the injuries)

C. Reid > W. Sutton

CowboysLaw87

Reaction score
Yes, the Turners over Jackson and some others would be my top choice.

Ward over Pryor and Dix.

Ken Bishop > Jernigan

Justin Ellis > Nix

Easley > All DTs (if not for the injuries)

C. Reid > W. Sutton

Wow, shots fired there. That's what I was looking for! Interesting. I agree 100% about Easley if not for the injuries, but alas, they are there. How high would you be willing to take him if we assume he's on the Bruce Carter Year 1 track (i.e., miss camp, PUP list through Week 6, play sparingly the rest of 2014 and full go starting 2015)?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow, shots fired there. That's what I was looking for! Interesting. I agree 100% about Easley if not for the injuries, but alas, they are there. How high would you be willing to take him if we assume he's on the Bruce Carter Year 1 track (i.e., miss camp, PUP list through Week 6, play sparingly the rest of 2014 and full go starting 2015)?

I was joking a little about Ken Bishop, but I would prefer to take 2 or 3 mid to late round DTs over Jernigan in the 1st.

Ellis is very similar to Nix, IMO.

The Easley decision is up to the team doctors. There is no question about his talent. I'm not enamored with the idea of drafting an injured player considering that injuries were the #1 problem in 2013, but it is tempting with this player. Obviously, if they draft Donald at 16, then they probably wouldn't draft Easley.

tm1119

Reaction score

I don't think that's the case for Easley at all. Easley tore his acl in September and Carter tore his in December. That 3 month difference is a pretty big deal. With the way Easley looked at his pro day I would take an uneducated guess that he's ready for week 1. Of course he would be used sparingly for the 1st few weeks just to be safe, but I'd be very surprised if PUP list is necessary for him. I'd definitely take him in the 2nd.

CowboysLaw87

Reaction score
I don't think that's the case for Easley at all. Easley tore his acl in September and Carter tore his in December. That 3 month difference is a pretty big deal. With the way Easley looked at his pro day I would take an uneducated guess that he's ready for week 1. Of course he would be used sparingly for the 1st few weeks just to be safe, but I'd be very surprised if PUP list is necessary for him. I'd definitely take him in the 2nd.

You might be right. I was just taking the conservative approach. I would honestly love to trade down from 16 and then use the added ammo to move up from 47 to secure Easley. I think he's that valuable and has that kind of potential to disrupt opposing offenses. If healthy, he's fairly comparable to Donald, with a bit more position flex due to added length.