Your Positions in Football

DallasFanSince86

Pessimism Sucks
Reaction score
I was just wondering what positions you all played, if you played football.

I only played football my freshman year of high school.

I was a lineman. I was L/R Offensive Tackle, L/R Offensive Guard, L/R Defensive Tackle, L/R Defensive Guard, and Nose Guard. The only position along the line I didn't get to play was Center.

Since it was high school we played the 5-2-4 defense, like I presume most other high schools do.

Coach would just plug me into whatever spot he needed me in because our team only consisted of 30-35 players.

But anyway, what posistion did you play?

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
...punter, place kicker and safety.

In my junior year I was the only person on the entire team to have played the last play in every game of that year.

(6) as the safety and (2) as the place kicker.

Odd little factoid.

DallasFanSince86

Pessimism Sucks
Reaction score
davidyee;2095224 said:

In my junior year I was the only person on the entire team to have played the last play in every game of that year.

(6) as the safety and (2) as the place kicker.

Odd little factoid.

Now you got me wondering how many other times that has happened? Maybe a few? Or maybe a couple million?

I wonder, how many times one lineman has had to play 9 of the 10 lineman postisions, at some point? Or had to play all 10? When I start thinking this question through, I think it is time to call it a night. Good night.

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
I played every single position on the offensive line in my four years of high school, and also every position on the defensive line (my freshman and sophomore year). And we are a big school too. I was pretty much the utility guy

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
In Junior High I played QB.

High School I played RB and LB, and Special Teams coverage unit.

Walked on to a Division I school and made the team as a FB. I was fast but had no wiggle. I enjoyed lead blocking very much.

PosterChild

Reaction score
Running back and safety. I don't like to boast:rolleyes: but I had moves (fear is a powerful motivator) and was always the fastest (white) guy on my teams.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Played some RB, mostly WR on offense, some CB, but mostly FS on defense.

I was a Reggie Bush type :D :laugh2:

burmafrd

Reaction score
Strong Safety on Defense my sophomore year then injured my knee. Doc said to not go back or risk having a trick knee the rest of my life. A few years later another doctor looked at my knee and said the first was full of it and it had healed just fine. Ticked me off. We won the state championship my Sophomore year and I might have ended up with some kind of scholorship.
Not that I was good enough for Div 1 powers but I might have been able to get something lower down.

PosterChild

Reaction score
burmafrd;2095390 said:
Strong Safety on Defense my sophomore year then injured my knee. Doc said to not go back or risk having a trick knee the rest of my life. A few years later another doctor looked at my knee and said the first was full of it and it had healed just fine. Ticked me off. We won the state championship my Sophomore year and I might have ended up with some kind of scholorship.
Not that I was good enough for Div 1 powers but I might have been able to get something lower down.

Good decision, dude. We have someone on this very forum who is saddled with a trick blue. He does--much to his credit--wear the mantle with pride.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
peplaw06;2095387 said:
Played some RB, mostly WR on offense, some CB, but mostly FS on defense.

I was a Reggie Bush type :D :laugh2:

come on now, why label your self a bust?

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
davidyee;2095224 said:

Lmao....same here. I got a few snaps at RB too, but I played behind a guy that got a full scholarship to a top D1 school.

I loved playing safety, although it seemed as if I was actually playing LB at times.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
tomson75;2095514 said:
Lmao....same here. I got a few snaps at RB too, but I played behind a guy that got a full scholarship to a top D1 school.

I loved playing safety, although it seemed as if I was actually playing LB at times.

Roy, is that you?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Defensive end. Didn't need to know the plays. "Just run forward and tackle the guy with the ball." :D

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
DallasFanSince86;2095231 said:
Now you got me wondering how many other times that has happened? Maybe a few? Or maybe a couple million?

I wonder, how many times one lineman has had to play 9 of the 10 lineman postisions, at some point? Or had to play all 10? When I start thinking this question through, I think it is time to call it a night. Good night.

...that badge of honour tightly knowing that no other person on my high school team had ever done that.

It's not an accomplishment thing, but rather a "luck of the draw" deal. It was our defensive coach who pointed it out at the year end banquet.