Your thoughts on 3rd party delivery companies ala Postmates?

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Like Postmates, Grubhub or Doordash?

After the shutdown last year we started using all 3 and can honestly say they are predatory. First of all they mark up our price a considerable bit, then they take 20-3-% off the top. The only people that makes any money off this is delivery agent.
After their cut our store doesn't make any significant profit and the customer pays a much higher fee.
Proclaiming they are doing something for the community is a load of bunk.

Dunks3001

Reaction score
I use Doordash a lot and even signed up for the DoorDash pass which is 9.99 a month and waives the fees at check out. I know I'm still paying extra but I look at the extra cost as the price to pay for the convivence of delivery and not having to get off my lazy butt to go get it. Plus, I use a Credit Card that gives me 4x points on all restaurant usage so I hope that evens things out in the end

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I use them a lot when I'm on the road. Usually I'm in a hotel room trying to catch up on work so not having to go out and look for a restaurant to eat at is helpful. Besides, it costs me a lot less to order than it would be to drive after I've been drinking in my room. o_O

Side point, earlier this week I was in Springfield, IL and some coworkers and I went to 4 different places and each one had over an hour wait because they were short-staffed. We said "screw it" and decided to just wait. Luckily, the one hour wait was "only" 45 minutes at a Longhorn Steakhouse.