Your thoughts on Carpenter's performance last night?

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Just curious to see what you all thought about the game Carpenter had...

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
I liked how Carpenter played last night, possibly his best game of the season. 1.5 sacks according to espn.com and nfl.com stats. Although they were when Vick was trying to scramble or possibly run, I did like how he quickly closed on Vick when he was kind of lined up as a spy. I thought I also saw him on a special teams tackle as well. I for one am hoping he continues to get better over these next 2 games and is ready to play well in the playoffs.

Gaede

Reaction score
good to see him out there.

he's not very stong (you see him lock up with a lineman and he's out of the play) but he shows, I don't know really how to explain it, knowledge of the game. He's in the right place and he actually has a couple of different pass rushing moves.

Looks like a football player, just needs to be stronger.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
the kid's versatility is what makes him a keeper. OLB, ILB, DE and now some DT. Not many players, let alone rookies, can take on that many roles. Hat goes off to him. Looked pretty darn good last night.

MONT17

Reaction score
I wish BP gave him more lead way as to forcing the issue with Vick instead of waiting!!! Carp had a couple of chances to bury Vick and stayed put in the spy role.... Ive always said I like Carp in a blitzing type role over the A-B Gap... in the preseason he would time the blitz perfect and you cant teach that... I was hoping to see that last night!

CliffnDallas

Reaction score
I think the kid has a fine future ahead of him. Plus I like the #54 running around making plays. Makes me feel young again. :laugh1:

khiladi

Reaction score
Carpenter was playing the spy-role and he was pretty effective at keeping Vick from some big running plays... He did was he was suppose to do...

But the Atlanta game plan was to attack the secondary, and they did just that... Vick wasn't running that much for a reason...

Hunter71

Reaction score
He's got a lot to learn as all rookies and first year players do...

But he has a lot of potential, and with all draft picks, patience is needed to see what we have...

We can't judge him as a success after last night, even though he played well and his closing speed his pretty impressive, just as we can't judge him a failure for not getting on the field earlier in the season...

Wood

Reaction score
Carp is more quick than he is strong - which is the complete opposite of what I thought Dallas got in the draft. Last night was his best night but those of you who TIVO the game - go back to second quarter and watch the TD that was called back because of penalty...on that play Carp was driven 10 yards straight back into the endzone with his arm locked above his head. I recalled it was the TE who totally destroyed him on that play.