Your thoughts on Dak vs Stafford now

Dalmations202

Reaction score
Is Dak > Stafford -- Rams just had a much better team, Stafford was just the bus driver?
Is Dak = Stafford -- Rams just got the breaks and team, but Dak is just as good as Stafford?
Is Dak < Stafford -- facts have proven that Dak isn't as good as Stafford, even though Stafford was a Lion?

There was quite the debate about this before the season. I am curious about how people think now.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think both are very good QB. Stafford just finished his 13th season in the NFL while Dak has finished his 6th season. Career wise their TD% are about the same, Stafford int% higher than that of Dak. Would not consider either elite but very good QB that teams can win with

DFWJC

Reaction score
They are different players that played in different situations...almost to an extreme.

Can't really compare numbers because between 2016-2020, Stafford played on truly awful teams.

I really do think if you inserted Stafford into the Dallas lineup the last 6 years, Dallas would've had better results.
If you put Dak on the Lions since 2016, it would still not be pretty.

quickccc

Reaction score
Is Dak > Stafford -- Rams just had a much better team, Stafford was just the bus driver?
Is Dak = Stafford -- Rams just got the breaks and team, but Dak is just as good as Stafford?
Is Dak < Stafford -- facts have proven that Dak isn't as good as Stafford, even though Stafford was a Lion?

There was quite the debate about this before the season. I am curious about how people think now.

- Rams are in a much better coaching staff and coaching system
- Stafford takes shots downfield, ..even to a fault at times , ..cautious bus drivers don't do that. because he's being led by a legit HC and A QB friendly offensive

Acceptablename

Reaction score

It’s Cowboys vs Rams not Dak vs Staffford

Dalmations202

Reaction score
It’s Cowboys vs Rams not Dak vs Staffford
While yes this is a team sport. Back to the question?

Last year when Goff was traded with Stafford, there was ample argument on this board about whether Dak was better or worse than Stafford.

After watching the games this year, I ask again....... Is Dak Better, Worse, or Equal to Stafford?

I don't care which you pick, I just want you to back up whichever one you do, and let me know why you think this.
My opinion - like yours, unless your last name is Jones, makes no difference at all, but we all have opinions and we can all be correct at times and wrong at times.

So after watching a player like Stafford, who played on a horrible Lions team for years, and comparing him to Dak who has 6 years playing for Dallas -- which one is better or are they equal and why?

Acceptablename

Reaction score
While yes this is a team sport. Back to the question?

Last year when Goff was traded with Stafford, there was ample argument on this board about whether Dak was better or worse than Stafford.

After watching the games this year, I ask again....... Is Dak Better, Worse, or Equal to Stafford?

I don't care which you pick, I just want you to back up whichever one you do, and let me know why you think this.
My opinion - like yours, unless your last name is Jones, makes no difference at all, but we all have opinions and we can all be correct at times and wrong at times.

So after watching a player like Stafford, who played on a horrible Lions team for years, and comparing him to Dak who has 6 years playing for Dallas -- which one is better or are they equal and why?
Im dodging the question till next year.

DFWJC

Reaction score
No offense to Dak, but I think Stafford is better. He's flat out gifted.

Years of having to absolutely try to carry crappy teams makes a QB force the issue at times.
Stafford is still finding out how to better balance aggressive with his ridiculously good talents but not forcing it more than he should.

Obviously, with the game on the line, he can dial it in.
14 TDs and 0 ints in the 4th quarter all year was the best in NFL history

Big D

Reaction score
If you look at both qbs at the same time in their careers, that being the 6th year, Daks playoff record is 1-3 , Stafford 0-1
Stafford played with the Lions for 12 yrs and didn't win a single playoff game. His very first playoff win was this past season.

DFWJC

Reaction score
If you look at both qbs at the same time in their careers, that being the 6th year, Daks playoff record is 1-3 , Stafford 0-1
Stafford played with the Lions for 12 yrs and didn't win a single playoff game. His very first playoff win was this past season.
Some would argue if Stafford played his first 6 years with the rosters Dak played with, he may have had 5-6 playoff wins

I feel pretty certain that Dak (or maybe anyone) wouldn’t have had any playoff wins in Detroit, but who knows for sure

Have to compare players on same/similar rosters.
So all theoretical

Having said that, to each his own if they favor Dak or Matt