*** Your thoughts on the CowboysZone Upgrade so far? ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never understood what the trophies, was about ? I guess that’s the only real question I have.
The trophies are really pointless unless you can add a lot of them because most of them are based off easy-to-get milestones. I've never really understood what they add to the site but they were there so I left them.

With the new upgrade I was going to remove them but I wanted to wait until I had time to see if they improved them before doing so.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The trophies are really pointless unless you can add a lot of them because most of them are based off easy-to-get milestones. I've never really understood what they add to the site but they were there so I left them.

With the new upgrade I was going to remove them but I wanted to wait until I had time to see if they improved them before doing so.
The old site, started off as a rookie. Went up to practice squad ? I think it was starter all the way from coach to Landry’s hat. I think they hade a progression something like that. I was thinking that’s what the trophies were about.

Praxit

Reaction score
..i would darken the page indicator, that scrolls ups and down. It's basically the same color as background border. ;)..

2023-01-12-181952.png

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
..i would darken the page indicator, that scrolls ups and down. It's basically the same color as background border. ;)..

2023-01-12-181952.png
Are you talking about your browsers scroll bar?

If so, that should be the default colors as it's the same for me on this site and most other sites except the ones that customize it, which is something I usually avoid because it generates a lot of complaints.

If you are using Chrome you could customize it yourself with something like this ..
https://www.makeuseof.com/google-chrome-customize-scrollbar/

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The old site, started off as a rookie. Went up to practice squad ? I think it was starter all the way from coach to Landry’s hat. I think they hade a progression something like that. I was thinking that’s what the trophies were about.
Actually, the trophies on the old site were the default trophies just like they are on the new site.

Several years ago before we switched software the last time, we had a progression process based on post counts (no trophies back then) that used terms like "Rookie", "Veteran", etc., but that was a really long time ago.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Actually, the trophies on the old site were the default trophies just like they are on the new site.

Several years ago before we switched software the last time, we had a progression process based on post counts (no trophies back then) that used terms like "Rookie", "Veteran", etc., but that was a really long time ago.
My bad I was talking about the original original cowboys fan forum. Not the one prior this. cowboys official website had a forum. I was very lucky to find yours when that shut down. don’t get old , my cowboy brother lol.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
@Reality

Are we getting our donor badges back? If not, I want a refund +20% inflation rate! :muttley:
Yes, they will be added back. I have to wait until the rest of the layout/design changes are completed before adding them to make sure they do not cause problems during the process.

All of the LOF benefits have been active the whole time, but I had to delay showing the badges again. They will be added hopefully in the next couple of days.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I don’t mind them being joined together. When they were separated, I had to do two different steps. I guess some people wait to see how many likes they get ,to compared to how many reactions. Doesn’t make a difference to me. As long as they’re there.
I'm not concerned about likes... I liked the ability to see 'my content' as a way to quickly find comments that I made in order to see the conversation that followed.

I never understood what the trophies, was about ? I guess that’s the only real question I have.
I'm with you. I guess if there were some perks awarded for earning trophies they would have more meaning. As far as perks are concerned, I would like a longer time to to edit / delete posts. Occasionally I say something dumb or something I regret a short time later. You only have 20 minutes to make changes now, and too many times the time limit has expired and I can't make any changes. I would like to see the time limit extended. 'Ultimate' members should get much longer than 30 minutes in my opinion. A few hours to a day doesn't sound unreasonable.

Last edited:

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm not concerned about likes... I liked the ability to see 'my content' as a way to quickly find comments that I made in order to see the conversation that followed.

I'm with you. I guess if there were some perks awarded for earning trophies they would have more meaning. As far as perks are concerned, I would like a longer time to to edit / delete posts. Occasionally I say something dumb or something I regret a short time later. You only have 20 minutes to make changes now, and too many times the time limit has expired and I can't make any changes. I would like to see the time limit extended. 'Ultimate' members should get much longer than 30 minutes in my opinion. A few hours to a day doesn't sound unreasonable.
I was talking about someone else who likes collecting them. But thank you for responding.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I think they give you a longer time to change those settings like editing. If you have a badge, cowboy fan forever, cowboy ultimate, I think it’s called a badge.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I think they give you a longer time to change those settings like editing. If you have a badge, cowboy fan forever, cowboy ultimate, I think it’s called a badge.
Thats the badge I was talking about. I just wish the time was a lot longer than 30 minutes for 'Ultimate' members.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Money talks, my friend.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Now that the move to new software and new servers has been completed and I have designed the still-work-in-progress Light theme for the site, what are your thoughts on it so far?

Common Questions

*** NOTE: I will continue to add questions and answers here as they get asked multiple times.

Why did you upgrade now?
We were having issues with a couple of things and the older software and servers were limiting our ability to add new features that we have planned.

Are you done with the new site design?
No, not even close. I keep finding things that need to be updated or improved.

Will there be a dark theme?
Yes, once everything else gets settled, I will work on creating a dark theme for the site.

Will there be a chatroom like the old site had? ... Chatroom Added
Yes, we will be adding a new chatroom system, but it will be a few days before we work on that.

Will member stats be added back below the avatar/username/title area of thread posts?
Yes, hopefully. It will have to be manually implemented so it will depend on what is available and possible.
I knew it!! lol

still trying to get my eyes adjusted. Only issue ive found is copying and pasting memes and stuff directly into post, use to be easy, so far its not working for me.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Now that the move to new software and new servers has been completed and I have designed the still-work-in-progress Light theme for the site, what are your thoughts on it so far?

Common Questions

*** NOTE: I will continue to add questions and answers here as they get asked multiple times.

Why did you upgrade now?
We were having issues with a couple of things and the older software and servers were limiting our ability to add new features that we have planned.

Are you done with the new site design?
No, not even close. I keep finding things that need to be updated or improved.

Will there be a dark theme?
Yes, once everything else gets settled, I will work on creating a dark theme for the site.

Will there be a chatroom like the old site had? ... Chatroom Added
Yes, we will be adding a new chatroom system, but it will be a few days before we work on that.

Will member stats be added back below the avatar/username/title area of thread posts?
Yes, hopefully. It will have to be manually implemented so it will depend on what is available and possible.
About the same for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.