Your top 3 at 28- 2/16

Sydla

Reaction score
My rationale is there's very minimal consequences in college. If you are in the NFL drug program, the odds of actually being suspended are much higher than if you aren't because it becomes random and frequent. We're at an impasse, so good day.

The consequences in college are meaningless. But let's go down this road. If what you say is true and UF would just look the other way on a failed test for pot, then why not just take the test, a test you knew was coming anyway? Fail it and just get a slap on the wrist and move on. But Tabor didn't do that. He told them no, I won't take the test then *****ed about it publicly after.

That's a red flag. And with the Gregory history and other drug issues on our team, that's a big no to me. Maybe if we hadn't been burned in the past I might think differently.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
The consequences in college are meaningless. But let's go down this road. If what you say is true and UF would just look the other way on a failed test for pot, then why not just take the test, a test you knew was coming anyway? Fail it and just get a slap on the wrist and move on. But Tabor didn't do that. He told them no, I won't take the test then *****ed about it publicly after.

That's a red flag. And with the Gregory history and other drug issues on our team, that's a big no to me. Maybe if we hadn't been burned in the past I might think differently.
To each their own. I disagree but it is what it is.:thumbup:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If a player fails a test they've known is coming for months in advance, they would be off my board completely. That kind of stupidity/addiction is likely to end in further suspensions

I tend to agree, especially if they've failed tests in the past.

I remember when I had accepted the offer for my first job out of college. I was scheduled to get a drug test on a Friday. I had not been around anybody smoking weed in a couple of years. As things go, my girlfriend's roommate her friends pulled out some weed and were getting ready to fire it up the night before my drug test. I saw them just in time to scream STOP. I'm sure they thought I was crazy. I could not risk being in the same apartment with somebody smoking weed.

The point of the story is that things happen so a single failed test is a big concern but teams have time to do background checks after the combine drug test. If there was no previously know failed tests, then i would probably drop the player on the board but I might not remove him completely.

If Randy Gregory had been available in the 7th round, I would have drafted him. The 2nd round was too early. I'm not sure where the cut-off would be 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, or 7th but somewhere in there the risk is worth it.

Sydla

Reaction score
I tend to agree, especially if they've failed tests in the past.

I remember when I had accepted the offer for my first job out of college. I was scheduled to get a drug test on a Friday. I had not been around anybody smoking weed in a couple of years. As things go, my girlfriend's roommate her friends pulled out some weed and were getting ready to fire it up the night before my drug test. I saw them just in time to scream STOP. I'm sure they thought I was crazy. I could not risk being in the same apartment with somebody smoking weed.

The point of the story is that things happen so a single failed test is a big concern but teams have time to do background checks after the combine drug test. If there was no previously know failed tests, then i would probably drop the player on the board but I might not remove him completely.

If Randy Gregory had been available in the 7th round, I would have drafted him. The 2nd round was too early. I'm not sure where the cut-off would be 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, or 7th but somewhere in there the risk is worth it.

Hey if Teez Tabor is there in the 3rd, then I might take him. Because then it's really a lower risk move.

But with his history and the fact we've been burned by nitwits like him in the past................ I wouldn't sniff him at 28.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey if Teez Tabor is there in the 3rd, then I might take him. Because then it's really a lower risk move.

But with his history and the fact we've been burned by nitwits like him in the past................ I wouldn't sniff him at 28.

He seems like he would be a late first without character issues so any characters issues should push him down.

I will say that I like CB to have a bit of a cocky attitude. Some of Claiborne's struggles have been attributed to a lack of confidence.

In terms of specifically how much his character issues should affect him, it's really hard to say for me as a fan. The Cowboys need to really do their homework on players like him. It is becoming more and more important for NFL teams to have a person or a group of people that are really good at evaluating character issue players. If you can determine the difference between Randy Gregory and Randy Moss, then you're ahead of the game.