Your Top Three Picks?

JDSTAR

Reaction score
I know you have them set already. The three picks, regardless of the time in which their predicted in the draft now, you would like Ole Jerry to pick to be on our team next year. Mine are...

Ezekial Ansah- This guy has only touched his potential. I truly envy those defenses that have a dominant DE; Watt, Smith, Pierre-Paul. I think this guy can be that. Not downgrading Ware, I think he can be as dominant with his hand on the ground. I just want two of them.

D.J. Swearinger - This guy is mean. I mean, real mean!! I think a duty of a Safety, especially a Strong Safety, should be to apply fear into any receiver who dares take a deeper route or break into the middle; the Polomalus and the Reeds. Makes the Corners in coverage look better, makes the Defense look better. I don't believe we have that. This guy can change that in a hurry. Picked as a 5th rounder in Draftek, his stock will rise. I would take him in the 3rd if we behaved ourselves and got a DL and OL in the first 2.

Joseph Randall - I personally feel that a RB is not necessary in the draft and that a better Oline is the key for success; then I watch footage of this guy. He's that feeling you had when you watched game film of Demarco Murray in college after Dallas used a 3rd on him and thought "ok, I can see this working." To me he's better, and with an improved Oline, would make a great duo with Murray. Like Deangelo Williams and Jonathon Stewart, only good. I Personally like him better than Lacy as well.

What's yours???

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
I'm sorry but everytime I hear the name Ezekiel ansah I can't help think about ebenezer ekuban

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Teague31;4971399 said:
I'm sorry but everytime I hear the name Ezekiel ansah I can't help think about ebenezer ekuban

It's a legitimate concern.

Of course the flip side is Jason Pierre-Paul.

Welcome to the NFL Draft. It makes fools of us all.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
Rd 1 DE Sam Montgomery
Rd 2 DT John Jenkins
Rd 3 OG Alvin Bailey

Rd 4 S Phillip Thomas
Rd 5 OT Brian Winters
Rd 6 WR Chris Harper

Leadbelly

Reaction score
Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
Longest of long shots, but Haloti Ngata lasted until 12, BJ Raji until 9, Tommie Harris to 14, Vince Wilfork to 21. I don't see Lotulelei in the same class. A run on the DEs/OLBs...benches 17 at the combine...a bunch of bad teams already have DTs...still there at pick 12...our 1st and 2nd for Miami's 1st and later 3rd...yeah, I'm trying hard to convince myself. :D

DJ Fluker, RG/RT, Alabama
Need a mean ol' pile mover desperately and Fluker would bring it. Leonard Davis II with less gentle giant in him. The sooner he gets moved inside to Guard, the faster he becomes a Pro Bowl OL. Prefer him at Guard but likely better than anything we have at RT.

Da'rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech
Tough, refuses to be brought down by one man, thinks he can take everything to the end zone, big catch radius, great body control, really good hands and concentration...questionable decision-making skills...sound like anyone we know?

We're going to be cutting Miles Austin, maybe not this year but definitely the next. Perfect time for a legit guy to learn under Miles and get some PT when Miles inevitably has hamstring issues. Doesn't seem to have elite speed, so might still be around in the 3rd.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
JDSTAR;4971294 said:
D.J. Swearinger - This guy is mean. I mean, real mean!! I think a duty of a Safety, especially a Strong Safety, should be to apply fear into any receiver who dares take a deeper route or break into the middle; the Polomalus and the Reeds. Makes the Corners in coverage look better, makes the Defense look better. I don't believe we have that. This guy can change that in a hurry. Picked as a 5th rounder in Draftek, his stock will rise. I would take him in the 3rd if we behaved ourselves and got a DL and OL in the first 2.

This is exactly why he'll never be a Cowboy. His "mean" streak. He's a borderline dirty player, although personally I think he's a beast. But, he's not a Garrett kind of guy. Late hits, helmet to helmet hits, unnecessary penalties, and just an overall nasty demeanor. He plays with reckless abandonment. He would give our D some toughness for sure, but I seriously doubt Garrett would ever have him. I bet he winds up with the Commanders.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
1.) Barrett Jones, C, Alabama
2.) Kewaan Short, DT, Purdue
3.) Chris Faulk, OT, Louisiana State

JDSTAR

Reaction score
IAmLegend;4971536 said:
This is exactly why he'll never be a Cowboy. His "mean" streak. He's a borderline dirty player, although personally I think he's a beast. But, he's not a Garrett kind of guy. Late hits, helmet to helmet hits, unnecessary penalties, and just an overall nasty demeanor. He plays with reckless abandonment. He would give our D some toughness for sure, but I seriously doubt Garrett would ever have him. I bet he winds up with the Commanders.

Very sad, but true.

dart

Reaction score
1 Shariff Floyd. DT. Florida 6-3 # 301
2 Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama 5-10 #220
3 Terron Armstead, OG U ARK PINE BLUFF, 6-4 #303